State Line Avenue circles around the Texarkana Post Office and Courthouse. This building is bisected by the Texas-Arkansas border.
Texarkana is a city in the Piney Woods region of Texas and the Timberlands region of Arkansas.
Texarkana is a city bisected by the Texas-Arkansas border; the west side of town is in Texas and the east side is in Arkansas. State Line Avenue runs right on the borderline.
Texarkana Regional Airport (IATA: TXK)  connects via American Eagle Airlines to Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport.
Shreveport Regional Airport (IATA: SHV)  in Louisiana is the closest airport served by all three major airline alliances. American (oneworld), Delta (SkyTeam), and United (Star Alliance) serve the airport. In addition, Allegiant Air has service from Las Vegas.
Interstate Highway 30 (I-30) runs through north Texarkana and serves as part of the city's loop. US Route 71 (US-71) enters from Shreveport, Louisiana in the south and continues to Ft. Smith Arkansas in the North. US-71 serves as the dividing line between the Texas and Arkansas sides of the city through downtown. US Route 59 (US-59) Enters through the southwest corner of town where it merges with Loop 245 and I-30, which it follows out of town. US Route 67 (US-67) enters on the Texas side from Dallas in the middle of the city and exits in the northeast corner, headed to Little Rock. US Route 82 (US-82) enters Texarkana shadowing I-30 from Dallas, but takes a straighter path through the city. It exits town on the Arkansas side and continues through Mississippi and Georgia.
Amtrak, 100 E Front St, . Amtrak serves Texarkana via its Texas Eagle route.
By public transit
The state line sign in front of the post office and courthouse.
- Ace of Clubs House
- Oaklawn Opry, Robinson at New Boston, 903 838 3333, . Country/western music and comedy every Friday night.
- Perot Theater, Third at Main.
- Texarkana College, Robinson
- Big Jake's BBQ, 2610 New Boston Rd, 903 793 1169. Good barbecue accompanied with all-you-can-eat sides.
- Bryce's Cafeteria, 2021 Mall Dr., 903 792 1611, . A local downhome cooking institution for over 75 years.
- Shogun Steakhouse and Sushi, 5118 Summerhill Rd., 903 792 2131. Beef and stir-fry dishes. Lunch from $7.
- Timothy's Grill, 4115 N Kings Hwy., 903 831 5999, [http://www.timothysgrill.com]. A little on the pricey side, but the food is good and the place has a nice romantic atmosphere.
- The Cattleman's Steakhouse, 4018 N Stateline Ave ("), ☎ 870-774-4481. Hours of Operation: M-Th 5.30-9.30PM,F-Sa 5.50-10PM (Su closed). The oldest Steakhouse in town has been here over 40 years. Great steaks, seafood, chicken and more. Their specialty is Prime Rib!!!
- <eat name="Hopkin's Ice House" alt="" address="301 Wood St." directions="across from Zappas, downtown" phone="870-774-FEED" url="http://hopkinsicehouse.com/" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">Hopkin's Ice House is located in the Historic Hopkins feed house building. While waiting on your food, see a glimpse of the past. Above you is the original tin ceiling, and all around you are memento from yesteryear. They serve gourmet pizza, with toppings like smoked Gouda and avocados, or you can you tradition with pepperoni. They also serve hot dogs, burgers, salads, and more. Though you will have to leave the kids at home; you have to be 21 to get in. Great beer selection and full bar. Live bands some nights, click on link or time and dates.<eat>
- Silver Dollar Bar, 1109 East St, ☎ +1 870 772-2095.
- Shooter's Sports Bar, 310 E 49th St, ☎ +1 870 773-4903, .
- La Crosse Hotel, 5100 N State Line Ave, .
- La Quinta Inn, 5201 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 903 794-1900.
- Sheraton Four Points, 5301 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 903 792-3222.
- Holiday Inn, 5100 N State Line Ave, ☎ +1 870 774-3521, .
The Texas side of town is in the 903 area code, while the Arkansas side is in the 870 area code.