Temecula is a city in Riverside County in Southern California.
Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival
Temecula is located about an hour north of San Diego on Interstate 15. It is an hour south of San Bernardino on Interstate 15, and about an hour south of Riverside on Interstate 215.
The closest airports are located in San Diego, 45 minutes south, and Ontario, 45 minutes north.
French Valley (ICAO: F70) general aviation airport is located east of town. It is a popular location for small aircraft.
- Old Town Temecula, just west of the I-15, exit Rancho California and turn right on Jefferson/Old Town Front Street. This is the oldest and most historic part of town, complete with old western architecture and charming shops and restaurants. There is a lot of new development going on and it's worth taking half a day exploring Old Town.
- Temecula Olive Oil Company  28653 Old Town Front St. Tel: 1-866-654-8364. Retail shop and olive oil tasting.
- Wine Tasting -  the Temecula valley has 30+ wineries with tasting rooms, including Calloway (owned by the same family as the golf club company, Thornton, Stuart, Mount Palomar and Falkner.
- Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival  - in June
- Pechanga Resort and Casino  - a Las Vegas gaming experience in Southern California home to a modern night club, several up-scale restaurants and food court, and theatre which plays host to many famous acts touring across the country
- Old Town Temecula Community Theater 
- The Temecula Rod Run  - annual hot rod festival in Old Town Temecula in February
- Old Town Temecula is considered the best area for tourists looking to pick up that nice little souvenir of Temecula. This area has many quaint and charming shops.
- If you really must know, Temecula does have a conventional shopping mall, The Promenade. Bit this mall is not much different than any other mall you can find elsewhere.
- Temecula has more than its fair share of '50s-style diners, most located on the west side of the freeway, along Main Street.
- The Bank of Mexican Food  good Mexican food in what used to be the area bank.
- Old Town Rootbeer Company  A locally run soda shop features various sodas and rootbeers, both new and nostalgic, from all over the country.
- If you are looking for something less local, a drive up along Rancho California or Temecula Parkway/79 has numerous options for chain restaurants.
Lots of locally produced wine.
- Temecula Beer & Wine Garden small and friendly outdoor bar located in Old Town near the bus depot and Sweet Lumpy's Barbeque.
- La Cereza Winery  Located on Rancho California. This winery has wine tasting and a cigar bar.
- Best Western Country Inn, 27706 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ +1 951 676-7378 (fax: +1 951 699-7995), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 27660 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ +1 951 699-2444, .
- Motel 6 Temecula - Rancho California, 41900 Moreno Drive, ☎ +1 951 676-7199 (fax: +1 951 676-2619), .
Temecula is considered to be one of the safest cities in all of California. Virtually every area of town is considered safe to walk, but caution should be taken walking at night in the area around the apartment complexes on Pujol Street near Old Town, and the area of the apartment complexes just east of the Rancho California/Ynez intersection across from the Temecula Town Center.
- San Diego, to the south, is accessible via 15S.
- Oceanside and Carlsbad are among the closer beach communities and can be accessed via 15S to 78W.