Main Street and town hall, Telluride, Colorado
Telluride  is in the southern Rocky Mountains approximately 100 miles from Four Corners, the intersection of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. Telluride is home to the Telluride Ski Resort, and home of an independent film festival.
A remote boomtown established at an elevation of 8,745 ft (2438 m) in the heyday of Colorado's gold and silver mining era, the Town of Telluride was incorporated in 1878.
Telluride Regional Airport is just outside of town that offers commercial flights to Phoenix in the winter, and year-round service to Denver.
Public transportation abounds in Telluride and Mountian Village. It is recommended not to drive to most locations as there is ample free bus service around town, as well as a free Gondola service between Telluride and Mountain Village.
- Telluride Historical Museum [email protected], 201 West Gregory Avenue,(970) 728-3344
View from the Telluride ski slopes.
- Skiing The ski resort has a good mix of beginner, intermediate as well as some of the steepest advanced ski you can want. And it s never crowded! [www.tellurideskiresort.com]
- Telluride Outside  - Adventure guide service since 1984. Fly Fishing, 4WD tours, whitewater rafting and mountain bike tours.
- Telluride Sports  - This chain as a total of 11 locations in Telluride and Mountain Village including 7 slopeside locations and it supplies winter and summer sporting equipment etc.
- La Cocina de Luz - best Mexican food bar
- Baked in Telluride - 127 South Fir, best pizza in town has unfortunately burned down...
- Cindy Bread - 68 Society Drive, Lawson Hill, a premier sandwich experience that tops some New York delis
- The Bistro - The Bistro at The Hotel Telluride, 199 North Cornet Street, Telluride, CO 81435, Enjoy a delicious complimentary breakfast with daily specials including eggs, omelets, fluffy Belgian waffles, pancakes, baked pastries and fruits.
- Excelsior Cafe on Main Street serves good contemporary Italian inspired dishes
- Chair 8 at the bottom of Lift 8 and the Gondola is a great place to eat when skiing. Try the truffle fries
- Capella Telluride, 568 Mountain Village Boulevard, ☎ 970 369-0880, . Full service luxury hotel offering condo rentals, a spa, and facilities for meetings and weddings. But is temporarily closed
- Hotel Columbia Telluride, 301 West San Juan Ave, ☎ 970-728-0660 (toll free: 800-201-9505, [email protected]), . Across the street from the Gondola in downtown Telluride. There is an on site restaurant and some suites are pet-friendly.
- Hotel Telluride, 199 North Cornet Street, ☎ 866-468-3501, . This Telluride hotel offers ski lodging, mountain retreat and spa facilities, wedding venues and year-round vacation packages.
- Mont Maison Luxury Rental Home, 134 High Country Road (Off of San Joaquin in Mountain Village), ☎ 866-888-7197, . $5,500+.
- Mountain Lodge at Telluride, 457 Mountain Village Boulevard, ☎ 866-368-6867, . Premier ski lodge hotel in Telluride’s Mountain Village featuring condominiums & luxury cabins for vacation rentals w/ facilities for conferences and weddings.
- The Peaks Resort & Golden Door Spa, 136 Country Club Dr., ☎ 866-282-4557, . Located amid the 14,000-foot Rocky Mountain peaks towering above the historic town of Telluride.
- Elk Mountain Resort , 97 Elk Walk, Montrose Co. Luxury Colorado resort named "Most Excellent Resort in the USA" by Condé Nast in 2006. Endless activities.
- Town Park has a number of campsites and RV spots available. Cost is $12-16/night. Hot showers available, $2 for 5 minutes.
- The Victorian Inn, 401 West Pacific Avenue, ☎ 800-611-9893, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. A block away from the Historic Main Street and the Free Gondola, This hotel has large 275-325 sqft rooms with kitchenettes, a suite and a cozy cottage house. A free daily continental breakfast served every morning from 8-10AM,daily maid service and on-site parking. Other facilites include free WI-FI, Outdoor Hot Tub, Dry Sauna (winter only), BBQ pits, and bike racks. $89-$350. (37.93713,107.814103)
- Welcome To Telluride, ☎ 970-316-3139, . A vacation rental management company that "offers a personal touch", offering homes and condominiums in the Historic Town of Telluride and Mountain Village.
- Welcome To Telluride, ☎ 970-316-3139, . Welcome To Telluride Vacation Rentals is a vacation rental management company that offers a "personal touch". Committed to finding you homes or condominiums in the Historic Town of Telluride and Mountain Village.
- Visit Colorado's Wine Country. Colorado is home to over 70 wineries and its own indigenous vineyards. Wine lovers can enjoy several scenic day trips from Telluride to many of the small towns with tasting rooms and grapes. These lovely little communities include Montrose, Palisade, Paonia, and Hotchkiss, as well as the city of Grand Junction.
- Visit Ouray. This lovely town has natural hot springs, fine shopping and restaurants. It is only a one hour drive along the San Juan Skyway. In the fall, golden aspen leaves shimmer on the drive to Ouray.