Tarma is a town in the department of Junin, Peru. Also known as Santa Ana de la Ribera de Tarma, the Pearl of the Andes and the City of Flowers.
A little over 3000 meters above sea level.
- Huancayo three hours
- La Oroya
- Lima six hours
- Cataratas de Bayoz. Waterfalls
- Catarata del Tirol. Waterfall
- Festival of Flowers. September
- Festival del Huayco tarmeño. November
- Huachoy. Ruins featuring ancient paintings.
- Huagapo´s Cavern (Gruta de Huagapo, Quechua for Cavern that cries), (11º 16' 08 S 75º 47' 04 W). Possibly the largest cave in Peru. There are also ancient paintings here. About 27km from Tarma just past the town of Palcamayo. Take the road towards Junin. (-11.2689,-75.7844)
- Laguna de Cocon. Heading east from Palcamayo there is a trail leading past the ruins of Llaumanpata and onto Laguna de Cocon, about 10km each way.
- Pintismaychay (Guardianes de Mamahuari Huaricolca), (11°32'22 S 75°39'16 W). Cave featuring ancient paintings. (-11.5394,-75.6544)
- Plaza de Armas. Features a nice fountain and palms.
- Santuario Nacional Pampa Hermosa. Tropical/subtropical jungle, waterfalls, Yungas. About 100km from Tarma near San Ramon. Much closer to San Ramon than Tarma but San Ramon doesn't have a wikitravel page yet.
- Semana Santa. Easter, beautiful floral displays.
- Tarmatambo (Collcas de Tarmatambo), (11º 28' 36 S 75º 41' 07 W). Stone buildings and terraces. (-11.4767,-75.6853)
- Yanamarca (Quechua for Black Town), (11°20'9 S 75°41'45 W). Chanca culture, ruins of a three story building. (-11.3358,-75.6958)
- Picante de Cuy
- Aruba, Jirón Moquegua 452, ☎ 064 322057. Hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV
- El Dorado, Jirón Huánuco 488, ☎ 064 321914 ([email protected]), . Continental breakfast, Internet, room service, hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV. These guys also have a good range of tours from S/.30.00 to S/.65.00
- Municipalidad Provincial de Tarma, .
- San Ramon Take the road north from Tarma and pass magnificent waterfalls on the way to San Ramon.