Tarma is a town in the department of Junin, Peru. Also known as Santa Ana de la Ribera de Tarma, the Pearl of the Andes and the City of Flowers.
A little over 3000 meters above sea level.
- Huancayo three hours
- La Oroya
- Lima six hours
- Cataratas de Bayoz. Waterfalls
- Catarata del Tirol. Waterfall
- Festival of Flowers. September
- Festival del Huayco tarmeño. November
- Huachoy. Ruins featuring ancient paintings.
- Huagapo´s Cavern (Gruta de Huagapo, Quechua for Cavern that cries). Possibly the largest cave in Peru.
- Plaza de Armas. Features a nice fountain and palms.
- Semana Santa. Easter, beautiful floral displays.
- Tarmatambo (Collcas de Tarmatambo), (11º 28' 36 S 75º 41' 07 W). Stone buildings and terraces. (-11.4767,-75.6853)
- Yanamarca (Quechua for Black Town). Chanca culture, ruins of a three story building.
- Picante de Cuy
- Aruba, Jirón Moquegua 452, ☎ 064 322057. Hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV
- El Dorado, Jirón Huánuco 488, ☎ 064 321914 ([email protected]), . Continental breakfast, Internet, room service, hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV. These guys also have a good range of tours from S/.30.00 to S/.65.00
- Municipalidad Provincial de Tarma, .