Tanah Lot is a coastal temple in South Bali.
Tanah Lot is about 45 minutes by car north west of the main southern tourist areas of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak and is en-route for those heading to West Bali. From Ubud it can reached in about 30 to 40 minutes by car.
- Tanah Lot Tour (Transport For Tanah Lot), Jalan Raya Tanah Lot, ([email protected]), . 10 hours,full day tour,extra time 1 hour. transport to visit tanah lot combine with other place such as kuta nusa dua and uluwatu.private driver best choose because public transport not available in tanah lot area. USD 40. edit
A taxi from Kuta will be quoted at Rp 300,000. It's possible to haggle down to a minimum of Rp 100,000 if you stand firm.
A visit to Tanah Lot for sunset is one of the most popular organised tours offered in Bali. Check at your hotel.
Entry to Tanah Lot is Rp 60,000 for adults and Rp 30,000 for Children.
Due to the presence of GoJek, Grab and Uber, hailing down cheap transport in Bali is abundant. It's important to note however, that if you decide to travel to famous sites or certain places of interest, these drivers are permitted to drop off people to the site as a destination, however are prohibited to pick up when a booking is made through any of the above applications. This is due to a "community" where-in the larger and original taxi companies stick together and ward off any app-based drivers. This means that the original taxi companies can make a huge profit, however this won't take into consideration your bargaining skills. Expect them to give a starting price of Rp 250,000.
Once you arrive at Tanah Lot, park your vehicle in the official car park (Rp 5,000) and proceed on foot.
Tanah Lot is one of the important directional temples in Bali. The temple is located on a rock just offshore. It is said to be the work of revered 15th century Hindu priest Nirartha and forms an important element of Balinese spirtualism and mythology.
This is an extremely popular tourist destination and the whole area is often very busy indeed, especially in the late afternoons, pre-sunset. The area between the car park (Rp 5,000 per vehicle) and the beach adjacent to the temple is a maze of souvenir shops selling just about every Balinese trinket imaginable.
Once you have fought your way through the souvenir vendors to the beach, you will see the magnificent temple perched on a rock just a few metres offshore. There is a footpath to the raised cliff area just to the south from where the views of the temple and the sunset behind it are outstanding. Photo-opportunities abound.
At low tide visitors can walk to to the base of Tanah Lot. For a small donation you can be blessed and can then walk some 20 metres around the side on a path, that eventually leads up to the temple. You have no better view of than from that on the sand. The only advantage being that you are standing on the base of Tanah Lot itself.
Restoration of the Temple. A comprehensive restoration programme started in the 1990s when it was realised that the rock was seriously eroded and in danger of collapse. This major work resulted in the actual temple being out of bounds which is still the case as of February 2013. This is not really a hindrance to visitors though as entrance to the actual temple is not the key attraction.
The superb Nirwana Golf Course  is adjacent to Tanah Lot, just to the south. This Greg Norman designed course is consistently voted as one of the very best in the whole of Asia. Stunning cliff top setting. Packages are normally available (ask at your hotel). Expect to pay US$ 170 to 200 per round all in.
Pejaten village is the centre of the ceramics manufacturing business in Bali, and well worth a visit. About 7 km north from Tanah Lot temple.
- Bali Horse Ride (tanah lot horse ride activities), yeh gangga beach, ([email protected]), . 2 hours. ride experience on the beach with our team of expert handlers.this is spectacular 2 hour ride Horse start on a sparkeling black sand beach and takes your across a variety of scenic landscapes - quaint local villages,beach temple,ricefields,river crossings - and even includes a stop at a bat cave for exceptional views. Adult US $64, child US $57. edit
The approach path to Tanah Lot temple is a maze of souvenir shops and not a bad place to fill up your bags with trinkets if you are so inclined.
There are large number of restaurants along the cliff top which offer great views but less great food. The best advice here would be to order a drink, get your fill of the views and photo-ops, and eat elsewhere.
Virtually all of the restaurants at Tanah Lot serve Es Kelapa Muda (chilled young coconut). This is a lovely refreshing option while watching the sun go down at Tanah Lot. Not only that, you also can buy the traditional food, like lawar (kind of vegetable), some cold drink, etc.
- Losmen Puri Lukisan Tanah Lot, Tanah Lot. Simple budget accommodation - the cheapest at Tanah Lot. Close to the car park. As of May 2013, when searching for the place, I was told it is no longer operating. Rp 100,000. edit
- Hotel Astiti Graha, Tanah Lot, ☎ +62 361 812955. A very nice place to stay for the price. Located on the entrance road to Tanah Lot before you reach the car park. It's roughly a 10 minute walk to the ticket gate. Nice clean rooms, towel, soap, toilet paper and breakfast supplied. No wifi. Rp 200,000. edit
- Dewi Sinta Hotel, Tanah Lot, ☎ +62 361 812933 ([email protected]), . Small hotel with 20 guest rooms located inside the Tanah Lot temple tourist facility complex. From US$40. edit
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Golf and Spa Resort (Formerly: Le Meridien Nirwana Golf and Spa Resort), Tanah Lot, ☎ +62 361 815900, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: noon. You can see Tanah Lot Temple and the pounding surf of the Indian Ocean from this luxury hotel. The resort is surrounded by the Nirwana Golf Course and green paddy fields. Rooms consist of shower & bath tub and a balcony with views in all rooms. There are also some private villas with plunge pools, gardens and outdoor showers. Newly renovated since being taken over by the Pan Pacific Group in 2010/11 and the location is quite wonderful. Has a free shuttle bus service to Ubud, Kuta & Seminyak. From US$105. edit
- Villa Semarapura, . This 5 bedroom property is an expansive luxury beachfront villa, located about 10 mins south of Tanah Lot, 40 minutes from Seminyak on Bali’s southwest coast. Comprises a series of pavilions, swimming pool and ornamental ponds, leisurely spread throughout an expansive 5,000 square metres of rolling lawns. Fully staffed and ideal for events. From US$1,150. edit
- Villa Umah Wa Ke, Jalan Pantai Nyanyi, ☎ +62 361 747 2687 ([email protected], fax: +62 361 490 165), . 3 bedroom luxury villa sits near Sungi river. Accommodation for up to 6 persons. Equipped with full furnished : TV, Kitchen Set and cooking utensil. The villa has private swimming pool that suitable for children. Entrance to swimming pool guarded by glass pool fence. The villa itself only 10 minutes from Tanah Lot temple. From US$ 300. edit
Tanah Lot is conveniently located en route for those moving to or from West Bali. A drive back to Kuta, Legian or Seminyak in the evening after sunset will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on traffic.
Be aware that from Tanah Lot there aren't many options for transportation, as most people visiting the area will leave the same day with their respective tours. Therefore any taxi or motorbike will be able to command a high rate. Taxis may have a set price list and not stray from what is listed. Tanah Lot to Ubud cost Rp 275,000 and took 1 hour & 15 minutes. Cheaper rates to Denpasar and Kuta.
|This is a usable article. It has information about the park, for getting in, about a few attractions, and about accommodations in the park. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!|