Revision as of 14:38, 9 June 2010
Northern Coast is in India.
Northern Coast consists of the following districts
- Chennai (Madras) — the capital of Tamil Nadu. One of India's four greatest cities.
- Chidambaram — also known as Thillai, since the place was originally a forest of the thillai, botanically known as excecaria agallecha shrubs, is an important pilgrim centre and a holy place for Saivites as the famous Nataraja Temple is located here
- Kalpakkam (Chennai) — a few kms away from Mahabalipuram which has the famous Indira Gandhi Atomic Power Plant, a nuclear breeder reactor Uuranium-235,238)
- Kanchipuram — 75 kms from Chennai, one of the seven holy cities in the country, and a visit is believed to bestow salvation; renowned for its silk sarees
- Mamallapuram — ancient temples and modern stone carvers, outstanding examples of Dravidian art and architecture
- Tiruvallur — famous for the temple of Sri VeeraraghavaSwami and the 40 foot tall Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha AnjaneyaSwami
- Tranquebar (also called Tharangambadi)
- Vaitheeswaran Koil