Tamaulipas is a state in Northern Mexico.
||WARNING: As of April 14, 2008, the United States State Department has issued a travel warning for all border areas of the United States and Mexico. Rival narcotics gangs have increased violent activities against each other and against non-involved citizens.
- Frontera - The area along the Mexican-US border.
- Sierra Madre - Mountainous region along the West of the state.
- Gulf Coast - Tropical region along the coast.
- Huasteca - Cultural region beginning at the southern tip of the state.
Tamaulipas lies between Nuevo León and the Gulf of Mexico in the north of the country. It shares a border with the US state of Texas in the north and the states of San Luis Potosí and Veracruz to the south.
- Presa Vicente Guerrero - This large lake lies about 30 miles northwest of Ciudad Victoria
- Fish - The coast has many "fishing hotels", hotels with their own piers for easy fishing access. The state has a number of lakes as well.