MLK Day Parade
When I was living in D.C., they ran the MLK Day parade through Anacostia. I wrote this up:
- Martin Luther King Day Parade. 1PM-3PM. The District's annual MLK Day Parade starts at Ballou High School (3401 4th St, SE) then proceeds up Martin Luther King Jr Ave, past Malcolm X Ave, then along Good Hope Rd and Minnesota Ave, finishing at Orr Elementary School (2200 Minnesota Ave, SE).
But I'm not certain that this is still the itinerary. If it is, we can move this back into the article. If not, we can revise this and update the article as is fit. --Peter Talk 17:05, 4 January 2009 (EST)
- The parade starts at Ballou and ends at MLK Jr Ave and Good Hope Road. And, it occurs now in April, not January. Aude 22:01, 4 January 2009 (EST)
- BTW, nice work on this article. Most guides don't provide this level of detail, for this less-visited section of the city. Aude 22:03, 4 January 2009 (EST)
- Thanks—this one's more fun to write, since it's the only place in D.C. where I feel like a tourist. Do you know which day in April? The 4th? --Peter Talk 22:32, 4 January 2009 (EST)
- It's been the first weekend of April, for the past few years, though I think sometimes on a Sunday, sometimes on a Saturday. But, there's no guarantee it will be that weekend this year. I haven't seen an announcement for this year yet. Aude 23:20, 4 January 2009 (EST)