Can Moscow be divided into districts?
I would recommend one for Central Moscow, using either the Garden Ring, or the Boulevard Ring' as its boundry. The rest of the city could be divided into Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern sections. Everything outside the Outer Moscow Ring Road could be described in the Get Out section.user:johnsemlak
- Moscow is definitely a huge city, so if you're willing to put in the effort to make the districts presentable, then go ahead. But the current Moscow article is still quite limited and lot more info, esp. nuts'n'bolts stuff like restaurants and hotels, is needed. Jpatokal 21:03, 4 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- I have just linked to a separate article about Kolomenskoye. I think there is now a need to make districts for Moscow. The initial suggestion was:
- Any thoughts?-- Huttite 21:27, 25 Dec 2005 (EST)
For the upcoming CoTW for Moscow here is the Wikipedia'sMoscow district article. It also has a nice map of Moscow's districts, which is dual licensed. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 14:10, 14 June 2006 (EDT)
Link to guide
I removed the following from the article as I don't believe it complies with Wikitravel:External links. *Moscow hotel guide OldPine 06:55, 5 September 2006 (EDT)
Racism in Moscow
Can anyone add that to the list? It would be wise to know about it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- What do you mean specifically? --DenisYurkin 07:43, 10 June 2007 (EDT)
- I mean that racism seems to be thriving in Moscow. It's good to put up an advice about it, or a warning, or something.
- My Moscow knowledge is getting a bit dated (4 years), but my impression has usually been that racism is significantly less of a problem in Moscow relative to the rest of Russia. Perhaps we could include a note in the "stay safe" section regarding what non-white travelers and travelers who look like they are from the Caucasus should know, emphasizing the differences between Moscow and the rest of Russia? I'm not knowledgeable enough myself to do this well, but perhaps you have a better handle on it. Please feel free to plunge forward and edit the section yourself! --Peterfitzgerald Talk 13:49, 11 June 2007 (EDT)
- I have never been to any city in Russia, let alone Moscow. :) This is why I wrote it as a suggestion, not as a contribution, since I will admit that I do not have concrete knowledge of the city. I was hoping that someone who has already been there could give some contribution to it. And just so future readers would now, this is not a Russophobic rant. I am actually quite the Russophile and I enjoy learning Russian. I would love to visit the city one day, but I hope someone who has been there could give an insight into the issue so that those who travel there (to whom this issue is a concern) can take precautionary measures. Thanks again!188.8.131.52 11:01, 17 June 2007 (EDT)
This is a pretty cool map of Moscow that someone added to the page. Unfortunately, it definitely runs afoul of our Wikitravel:External links policy, but I thought I would dump it here as it may be useful to people working on this article. --Peter Talk 12:39, 28 June 2007 (EDT)