- I have removed the offending material and replaced with a quick summary. NJR_ZA 03:06, 16 January 2007 (EST)
I don't think this is star ready yet. Here are my primary reasons:
- There are no contact details in the sleep and do section
- Get out should link to Wikitravel articles on those other Parks and reserves. (and those articles should be on at least guide status for this one to become a star)
- References to Upington should be links and Upington should be at least at guide status. Kakamas and Keimoes will need to be created as well
- As the primary entrance way to Kgalagadi from Botswana, Tsabong should exist, be at guide status and all references to it should be links.
- Do sections should have contact and price details. (Who to contact for night drive, what will it cost etc)
- Some more hiking/day walks information is required.
- Information is not quite complete yet. Here is some I know off, but I have not been in that area for a while and I'll sure there will be more.
- Kgalagadi is close to the Riemvasmaak hot springs, but there is no mention of it in get out.
- Following this article I'll arrive at the park without a bottle of wine from the Orange River cellars.
- How does one get to the park from Namibia? (also via Upington?)
In addition to that I would also recommend that we move the wildlife detail from the park article and place it into African flora and fauna. Many areas/parks will have the same animals and plants and it is rather silly to duplicate it all over. Keep one or two photos as well as a short summary in this article, but move the bulk to African flora and fauna and link to it.
I think that rather than trying to get individual Southern African articles to star status we should rather concentrate on getting as many as possible to usable or guide status.
--NJR_ZA 08:39, 4 March 2007 (EST)
- The linked articles don't necessarily have to be "guide" status; that requirement is only for places that are part of the subject of the article (e.g. regions in a country, districts in a city). It's definitely a good idea to develop the "gateway" cities for a national park, especially if they're an important part of a visit to that park, but the status of a park article is determined by how well it covers the park itself. I agree with your other comments. - Todd VerBeek 10:10, 4 March 2007 (EST)
Does the gate hours apply to all gates, both on the South African and Botswana side? --NJR_ZA 09:52, 4 March 2007 (EST)