[Moved from Talk:India by Hypatia 01:54, 3 Apr 2005 (EST)]
Can someone who knows the subcontinent comment on whether Hyderabad (India) is so much more famous than Hyderabad (Pakistan) that it shouldn't be disambiguated? (Remember, it can't be just that it is more famous, it has to be lots more famous to almost all travelers, as in Paris vs Paris (Texas)). If none can explain that Hyderabad is incredibly famous relative to Hyderabad (Pakistan) I'll move it to Hyderabad (India) and make a disambiguation page. -- Hypatia 07:33, 11 Nov 2004 (EST)
- Hyderabad, India is definitely more famous than its namesake in Pakistan, though certainly not to the degree of the two Paris' that you used as a relative comparison. In recent times, Hyderabad, India is mostly known for its IT industry, and is often referred to as the second Bangalore.
- I'd say the India Hyderabad is famous enough... I didn't even know there was one in Pakistan, but you can't get to far in any book about Asia-- history or travel-- without knowing a lot about Hyderabad, India. I can't say it's as famous as Paris, cause, we'll I don't think there are a lot of people in the world who haven't heard of Paris, France, but I bet you could dig up a few who hadn't heard of either Hyderabad. Let me put it this way: if they've heard of a Hyderabad, they've heard of the on in India. Majnoona 10:31, 11 Nov 2004 (EST)
So, no real conclusion here: I'll leave it for anyone who feels passionate about Hyderabad (Pakistan). Hypatia 01:54, 3 Apr 2005 (EST)
Hyderabad is famous for its Charminar, Salarajung Museum, Golconda fort, Ramoji Film city, Biryani, Haleem, IT infra structure, Cosmopolitan culture, Film industry, Beautiful girls, etc etc
Hyderabad ( pakistan ) doesn't even come near to any comparision
--Kpvishnu 23:37, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
Hyderabad ( India ) is famous
Hyderabad is famous for its
Ramoji Film city,
Note: There is another Hyderabad in Pakistan
- Famous it may not be, but the other Hyderabad has a population of over 1.3 million, so I don't think we can pretend it doesn't exist. Jpatokal 23:56, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- The India Hyderabad is much more famous than the Pakistani one. Do a survey if you like. However, I agree that it shouldn't be disambiguated, there should be a link to the Pakistani one that's all. Upamanyuwikitravel 11:33, 14 January 2007 (EST)
Hyderabad MMTS map
There is a map of Hyderabad's local metro system on its official site . Anyone wants to take a stab at converting it into an SVG? — Ravikiran 05:07, 21 June 2007 (EDT)
It seems that Taxi services are very widespread in Hyderabad and not at all difficult to find. Therefore, listing large numbers of individual taxi services is against WT guidelines. I have cut the table out of the article of parked it here. Unless arguments to reinstate it are forthcoming in the next 30 days I will delete completely. --Burmesedays 05:00, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- Like a festering gangrenous limb sometimes things just have to go. Good work Burmesedays. -- felix 12:19, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- Yellow Cabs, ☎ +91 40 6690-6690. 96 6690 6690 Minimum 20 km, Rs 250 later Rs 10/km for Indica A/c, you can book online also www.yellowcabshyd.com.
- Apple Cabs, ☎ +91 40 6599-2225/2226 minimum 4 km, Rs 90 later Rs 10/km
- Call Taxi, ☎ +91 40 2790-1111/1122
- Cel Cabs, ☎ +91 40 2324-2526 1 hour 10 km Rs 150 package for non-A/C car.
- City Cab, ☎ +91 40 2776-0000/6631-6000/6631-6001. 1 hr 15 km Rs 200, others have much better cars
- Delta Cab, ☎ +91 40 66048468. Minimum 1 hr package Rs 200 package later Rs 10/km and Rs 12/km in night for A/C Indica 4 seater car
- Fast Track, ☎ +91 40 2888-9999/2760-2760. Minimum 15 km, Rs 150 later Rs 10/km
- Green Cab, ☎ +91 40 2460-6060. Minimum 12 km, Rs 140 later Rs 10/km. Maruti 800 cars
- Hyderabad Cabs ,☎ +91 40 2000-5000/2330-3324 Minimum 1 hr 20 km, Rs 250/- 2 hr 25 km,350/- later Rs 10/km. E-hr 60/-
You may need to book at least 4 hr prior to ensure a booking at your required time.
Operators offering air conditioned metered taxis at Rs 15 per km:
- YELLOW CABS, ☎ +91 40 6690-6690, +91-96-669-06690. Toyota Innova cars
- Dot Cabs, ☎ +91 40 2424-2424, +91-98-481-42424. Toyota Innova cars
- Easy Cabs, ☎ +91 40 4343-4343. Mahindra Renault Logan cars
- Meru Cabs, ☎ +91 40 4422-4422. Mahindra Renault Logan cars and have GPS
- Orange Radio Cabs, ☎ +91 40 4445-4647. Toyota Innova and Tata Indigo Marina cars
The third variety of cabs are a chartered type, example hired for maximum of 8 hr or 80 km which ever is higher.
- Air Travels, ☎ +91 40 2335-5008/2335-3099/6509-7077
- Car Club Rentals 
- Hertz 
- MM Travels  Reliable in service with vehicles in good condition. However 65 % of their drivers can communicate only in Telugu - insist on a multilingual driver if booking with them.
- Njoydrive.com, ☎ +91 40 3062-6666
- Orix 
- Premier Travels, 
Eat listings with no name-moved from article
I have moved these here in the hope the contributor would like to provide the names of the establishments. -- felix 07:40, 6 October 2011 (EDT)
- 3-6-199/1, Ground Floor, Himayathnagar, ☎ +91 40 2322-0448. 8AM-10PM.
- *22-8-290/291, Ahmed PlazA 1st Floor (Near Salarjung Museum, Nayapul), ☎ +91 40 2450 3838, +91 40 2440 0988. 11AM-11PM.
- *Door Number 6-3-1110, 1st Floor, Amrutha Mall, Somajiguda, ☎ +91 40 2340-4635, +91 40 2341-5910. 7AM-11PM.
- *Plot No. 3, Mithri Vihar, Ameerpet Lane Besides Huda Maitrivanam, Ameerpet, ☎ +91 40 2375 7525. 7AM-11PM.
- *Road no. 36, Banjara Hills, ☎ +91 40 2335 0569, +91 40 2335 8484, +91 40 5557 8651. Rs 150.
- *Nagarjuna Circle, Near Punjagutta flyover, ☎ +91 40 2335 0569, +91 40 2335 8484, +91 40 5557 8651. Rs 150.
- Road No. 1 Banjara Hills, Opposite City Centre Mall, ☎ +91 40 6550-6662.
- Ground Floor, My Home Tycoon, Begumpet (Lifestyle Building), ☎ +91 40 6677 7727.
- Life style building 1st floor, Begumpet, ☎ +91 40 6663 2277, +91 40 66632272.
- Lumbini Mall, 4th floor, Banjara Road no. 2, ☎ +91 40 6452 2195.
- 1-99/64/30 , Rohini Layout Madhapur (Below HDFC Bank, Opp Cyber Tower).
- 6-3-456/C/1/2, MGR Estates, Dwarakapuri Colony, Punjagutta, ☎ +91 40 6678-8000, +91-402335-2303.
Districts - better names?
Good start, but can we have more informative names for Hyderabad districts? These names like North Zone, South Zone, etc. make no sense to a traveller or even for a long term resident like me. I'd prefer we go with things like old city, Secunderabad, etc. Ravikiran 02:44, 3 July 2012 (EDT)
Well, the zones are actually the official GHMC names, South Zone could be Old City, North Could be Secunderabad and Cantonment. East, West and Central could be further broken down. The zones are way too big to have a proper name or content. Any suggestions on what the zones could be broken down to?