I have reworked this page a bit to get more content in to it, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to put the villages section. As you can see, I've listed it in Do. It might not be the best spot, but there are a lot of overlapping sections here and so I'm hoping the community can maybe come to a consensus as to where these should go. I really don't think that each village should have a separate Wiki page given that they are very small and the sections would be largely blank. --Primecoordinator 22:11, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- We could put it in a "vilages" section with a 1-2 sentence blurb, similar to the way neighborhoods are a section in city articles. The most spectacular and noteworthy villages should be described in see so they don't get overlooked amongst the list of villages. AHeneen 22:50, 30 March 2010 (EDT)
- Just write about them in the Understand section. --globe-trotter 22:53, 30 March 2010 (EDT)
- So, should we just get rid of the Cities section and put Villages in its place? There really only is one city and that's Bandiagara. It hardly needs a whole section just to list it as it can be in the introduction or listed somewhere else, as well as having a page created for it, which I'll do now given that there are a number of hotel options there. --Primecoordinator 08:20, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. We use the term "cities" loosely, to describe any inhabited place that merits an article. If there are some villages that don't merit separate articles, but nonetheless are relevant, you can list them in that section in bold, with the standard style of description following. Really great work on this article, by the way! --Peter Talk 20:21, 31 March 2010 (EDT)
- Okay, very much all done. Take a look and see what you think. Also expanded out a large section on hiring guides, which, prior to traveling, I found next to no information on the net about, so I hope it helps some folks out. Happy to have the info out there. Just hope others fill in bits that I didn't get to see. --Primecoordinator 16:35, 01 April 2010 (UTC)
- Looks great! I love the guide to the guides section—enormously useful information. It would be nice to have a bit more specifics on the various villages (why to visit any given one), but that's probably rather obscure knowledge. Bandiagara should also be in that list, preferably at the top, unless we decide to just merge that city's content into this article?
- Other things that this article really needs going forward are better developed understand and see sections. Understand ideally should contain well-developed history, culture, and religion subsections to provide travelers with context to appreciate what they are seeing. See should have an overview of what types of sights to expect, and listings of those sights that should not be overlooked (individual temples?).
- Btw, it would be really cool to add in some sort of vague map of any quality to show where the villages are. OSM has some data available , although I'm not sure how best to present it if we import it, since I'm not quite sure which villages are most important to mark. --Peter Talk 11:43, 5 April 2010 (EDT)