- Buffalo is the snow capital of the World?
I made this a disambiguation page because I do not know what Buffalo the anonymous contributor was refering to.
BTW: I would have thought Antarctica held the title. -- Huttite 00:34, 8 Jan 2005 (EST)
- Buffalo New York — it's by far the biggest city called Buffalo. I'd be willing to wager it gets more depth of snow than Antarctica due lake effect snow. If you look at Wikipedia's article about lake effect snow, they have a picture of the US Great Lakes emitting snow. Buffalo is smack in the middle of the clouds in the picture. -- Colin 00:58, 8 Jan 2005 (EST)
- I have no doubt that you are right. I will copy the comment to Buffalo (New York), because of the potential confusion with Mount Buffalo in Australia and the other Buffalo cities. - Huttite 01:40, 8 Jan 2005 (EST)
- BTW, Antarctica actually gets rather little snow. It's just that what's there used to never melt. - Todd VerBeek 07:28, 20 May 2007 (EDT)
More famous rule?
Would Buffalo, NY be more famous than any of the other places with the name? I've never heard of any of the other places, but that might be Midwestern ignormoose too. -- Sapphire • (Talk) • 07:08, 20 May 2007 (EDT)
I'm inclined to think that it's the "so much more famous" one, but my perspective is a bit provincial as well. - Todd VerBeek 07:28, 20 May 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah, I would disambiguate Buffalo, NY and Buffalo, the animal, but these other places are either not named Buffalo or really minor. I say move the main city here. --Peter Talk 15:02, 11 June 2010 (EDT)
- Well, it took more than four years, but I went ahead and made this change, because I couldn't disagree with it. LtPowers 16:04, 14 August 2011 (EDT)
- Good work. --globe-trotter 21:16, 14 August 2011 (EDT)