What to do with Old Town
Recently I changed Old Town into a complex attraction, but now I'm wondering whether to give it its own "district" article. There seems to be enough there to warrant its own article, but I'm still new to Wikitravel so I'm not really sure.
For those who have been to Old Town, what do you think? Is Old Town worthy of an article? PerryPlanet 17:55, 25 December 2006 (EST)
- I don't think so -- yet. Albuquerque is a bit small to call for the "huge city" template/approach. The article can probably be kept to manageable size without breaking into districts.
- Incidentally, you've been doing a FANTASTIC job with this article. I've learned stuff from it that I didn't know despite having lived just down the road a piece for over 25 years. Great work; I think this is another star article in the making. -- Bill-on-the-Hill 18:54, 25 December 2006 (EST)
Push for Star status
I think we're getting really close now. Imagine, two New Mexico star articles! Anyway, here's what needs to be improved if we want to turn this into a star:
- Needs a map
- Better Sleep listings (and more of them, too)
- More in the "Buy" section
- Anything else you can think of.
With the exception of the map, I'm afraid I might not be of too much help. I don't do a lot of shopping (other than grocery shopping) and I've haven't needed to sleep in a motel in Albuquerque anytime recently.
Also, I noticed we don't have any price ranges for when we call something "Budget", "Mid-range", or "Splurge" here in Albuquerque. I really have no idea what these would be. Any ideas? PerryPlanet 19:50, 27 June 2007 (EDT)
- Considering how many Star articles there are that would be amazing. As far as hotel ranges per diem for Albuqueque is $70 so the low mid range should be right around there. I did a quick check of the what was there and Crossland is $40 - $50, Microtell $55 - $70, The courtyard is $90, the pyramid is $130 -$180, the Hyatt is $300 - $500. So I guess going on how it is already sorted, and what seems to make sense: Budget - Under $60/$65, Mid - $60/$65 - $150?$200?, high - $150/$200+. Hotels can probably be found by doing research, as people stay in them they can add commentary I suppose. One question I have, I can't see Rio Rancho, Bernillio, or Coralles justifying their own article and it seems like they should be included in ABQ, as it is all the Albuquerque Metro Area (redirect the articles to here in case someone is looking for them). If we go that route a lot of information will need to be added... I am brand new here, do you know how other 'metro' articles are done? Ralthor 21:26, 27 June 2007 (EDT)