- Taganrong Yuzhny Airport (IATA: ТАГ) is a small regional airport with flights only from Moscow and a few local villages.
- Rostov-on-Don Airport (IATA: ROV)  in nearby Rostov-on-Don might be a much better option for arrival by air is to take a flight to the larger, which have good international connections with Europe.
Reaching Taganrog by rail usually requires a change of trains in Rostov-on-Don which is an important rail hub. A few direct trains heading to the Black Sea cost makes stop-overs here but they are usually only running during summer season. However, commuter trains from Rostov-on-Don departs hourly during the day with a journey time of just two hours.
- When traveling from Moscow, take federal route M4 up to Rostov-on-Don, after Rostov take route Е58-М23 in direction of Taganrog (around 45 miles).
There are eight museums in the city: Alferaki Palace, Taganrog Museum of Art, Birth house of Anton Chekhov memorial museum, Taganrog City Architectural Development Museum, Ivan Vasilenko Museum, Chekhov Gymnasium, Anatoly Durov Museum, The Chekhov Shop.
- Taganrog Chekhov Drama Theater, Ulitsa Petrovskaya 90, ☎ +7 (8634)383-573, . edit - the oldest drama theater in the South of Russia (founded in 1827)
- Gorky Park, (downtown Taganrog, main entrance from crossing of Petrovskaya and Spartakovski streets). day & night. free of charge. edit
- Primorsky Park, Instrumentalnaya Street. free of charge. edit
- Freken Bok Cafe (Кафе Фрекен Бок), Turgenevsky 24, ☎ +7(8634)310440, . The cafe for children and grown-ups stylized using the theme of Astrid Lindgren's "Karlsson-on-the-Roof". Named after Fröken Hildur Bock, the Lillebror's sitter. The book of the Swedish writer became a huge success in the Soviet Union after the 1968 and 1970's cartoons where Fröken Bock was voiced by the Taganrog-born actress Faina Ranevskaya. edit
- Two Pounds (Два Фунта), Ulitsa Chekhova 43, ☎ +78634681904. 10AM-11PM. an English-style pub offering beer, live music, tv broadcasts of soccer matches and the game of darts. Live concerts start at 8PM. edit
- Hotel Taganrog, ul. Dzerzinskovo,161, ☎ +78634683000 ([email protected], fax: (8634) 68 30 13), . edit