|−|==Drink== | |
|−|hi i am jahed | |
| || |
Revision as of 05:51, 21 October 2012
Anne Hvides Gård, oldest building in Svendborg, 1850
Svendborg is a city on Funen of around 30.000 people
Svendborg is reachable by highway route 9, which branches of the main highway (E20) across Funen south of Odense, it's about a 25 minute drive. Though the Fynbus' regional bus lines; 121, 162 and 163 mainly uses local roads and take about 1½ hours to do the trip. Trains  are faster and the locals prefered choice, they take 42 minutes from Odense. If you are travelling from Copenhagen, you might want to consider switching to a bus in Nyborg instead, as this might be faster, depending on how long the stop over is.
Svendborg harbour  is open to both leisure sailors and commercial ferry traffic, routes out of Svendborg goes to Ærøskøbing on Ærø and to serveral small islands in the South Funen archipelago. All ferries depart from the ferry terminal at Havnepladsen square.
- Ærøskøbing (Ærøfærgerne), Vestergade 1A, Ærøskøbing, ☎ +45 62 52 40 00, . 5.55-20.55. Passengers: 104 DKK, Cars: 227 DKK.
- Skarø & Drejø (Rederiet Højestene), Havnepladsen 2, ☎ +45 62 23 30 85, . 6.15-16.05. Passengers: 85 DKK, Cars: 170 DKK.
- Hjortø (Hjortøboen), Pejdenordet 11, Hjortø, ☎ +45 40 97 95 18, . 8.10-14.30. Twice daily
- Naturama, Dronningemaen 30, ☎ ''+45'' 62210650 ([email protected]), . Museum with stuffed (real) animals DKK90, free for people under 18.
- Svendborg Cykeludlejning, Jessens Mole 9B, ☎ +45 30 17 69 27 ([email protected]), . June-August 9-13. Bike rentals right on the harbour in Svendborg, in cooperation with the tourist information desk. 80 DKK first day then 60 DKK/day.
- International Clown Festival . Svendborg has hosted an International Clown Festival for over a decade. For a week in mid May the town is full of exciting street performances. There is also a grand parade and a theatre gala show which is well worth trying to get tickets for. Clowns from all over the world gather the festival and perform around the town in various venues throughout the week as well as in the streets.
Ships of the Martime Center in the harbour
Svendborg is located at a beautiful fjord, or in correct terms the Svendborg Sound, and is a good starting point to explore the Sydfynske Øhav archipelago. Several ferries connect to some of the islands from Svendborg, and there are also some pretty veteran tour boats to take you on short cruises in the area.
- M/S Helge (Tour boat), Centrumpladsen 4 (Tourist Information Desk), ☎ +45 62 21 09 80, . 16/5-13/9 9-17.30. 1 hour tour to Valdemar Slot (pictured) or a 2 hour return trip, also available for charter. 25-50 DKK.
- Maritimt Center Danmark, Havnepladsen 2, ☎ +45 62 23 30 23. Does cruises around the archipelago south of the city, in beautiful old wooden ships during the summer (June-August) mainly in the weekends, but you can be lucky to catch a tour on other days, reservations is recommended. Also charters old sail ships to groups of >20 people. 150-250 DKK.
- Nicus Nature (Sea Kayak rentals), Vindebyørevej 31b, ☎ +45 40 41 89 82 ([email protected]), . Sea kayak rentals and guided tours in the archipelago. 300/450 DKK 3 hours/day.
- Sydfyns bådudlejning (Boat rental), Pengekrogen 52, ☎ +45 62 21 24 26, . Rents out serveral sail boats ranging from 7,77m to 8,30 m weekends: 1995-5995 DKK, Weekly: 3995-6495 DKK.
- Valdemar Castle, (5 km out on the island of Tåsinge), . May to September. Beautiful late baroque palace from 1639. Adult: DKK 85.