Sunset BeachEarth : North America : United States of America : South (United States of America) : North Carolina : North Carolina Coastal Plain : Sunset Beach
Sunset Beach received its name from the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that can be seen from the island due to its unique southern exposure. Beyond the sunsets, this beach is also known for its powdery white sand and its swing bridge; the only one of our islands to still have one. Another unique feature of the island is Bird Island, an undeveloped and secluded island that can only be accessed by land by way of Sunset Beach. The inland side of Sunset features several golf courses, Ingram Planetarium and Sea Trail Golf Resort & Convention Center.
The inland side of Sunset Beach is for the most part only accessible by car. But over on the island, it is easy to get around on foot or bike, using the roads or the beach. The intracoastal waterway is navigable by boat or kayak. Bikes and kayaks are both available for rent on the island .
- Bird Island, (Walk or bike along the beach to the South). Bird Island is a coastal reserve, administered by the North Carolina Division of Coastal Management. edit
- Pelican Bookstore, 1780 Chandler’s Lane #10B (At the intersection of Highways 904 and 179 behind Food Lion), ☎ +1 910 579-8770, . M-S 10AM-8PM, Su 1-5PM. Carries best selling hard backs, trade and mass market paperbacks, used books, children's books, local authors, jigsaw puzzles, greeting cards and maps. edit
- Sunset Gourmet, 1780 Chandlers Ln # 7 (At the Intersection of Highways 904 and 179 behind Food Lion), ☎ +1 910 575-6759, . Opens 7AM Mon-Sat. Independently owned cafe, coffee bar, and gourmet specialty foods store offering breakfast and lunch, delicious coffee beverages featuring Counter Culture Coffee, and WI-FI. edit
- Sunset Properties, Reservations Toll-free: +1 888 339-2670, General information: +1 910-575-8662 (email: [email protected]), .
- Sunset Vacations, Offering a large selection of luxury beach homes in Sunset Beach, NC. Reservations Toll-free: +1 800-331-6428, +1 910-579-9000 (email: [email protected]), . Over 300 vacation homes to choose from.
- Ramada Hotel - Sunset Beach, 17205 Pacific Coast Highway, Sunset Beach, CA 92649, ☎ 866-523-5987, . Come stay at Ocean Front Ramada a fine hotel located on the Sunset Beach,just a mile away from the Huntington Beach. Hotel features Oceanfront rooms and suites, wireless internet, a delicious breakfast and getaway packages. edit
- Sloane Vacations, 420 Sunset Boulevard , Sunset Beach, NC 28468, ☎ 866-348-7138, . Sloane Realty Vacations, a vacation rental company, offers a wide array of rental homes and vacation condos on Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach, NC, from one to nine bedrooms. edit