Sun City  is often called the South African Las Vegas. It is a resort with casino, golf estate and a theme park.
from midrand to Sun City.
The airport of Pilanesberg/Sun City offers daily connections to Johannesburg.
After parking, there is a train (funicular) that takes you to the City.
- The Palace of the Lost City and the surrounding garden. It really is impressive.
- There are spectacular elephant sculptures inside the Palace of the Lost City hotel, both in the restaurant and especially the courtyard that leads towards the Valley of the Waves.
- Play golf at one of the two famous golf courses, the Gary Player Country Club or the Sun City golf course.
- Swim in the valley of the waves. Some of the best water rides / slides in South Africa.
- Try your luck with any of the 852 slot machines and 38 gaming tables on Sun City's casino
- Watch a movie at their cinema
- Eat at one of their restaurants
- See a concert at the Sun City Superbowl
- Zip 2000 (Also known as a ZipSlide, ZipWire, FlyingFoxes or Foefie Slide), Sun City Welcome Centre, ☎ +27 14 557-1544 (, [email protected]), . Tue to Sun, 9AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM. At 2km this is the longest zipslide in the world. During the slide you will reach speeds up to 140km/h. Departures are from the Welcome Centre. R295 per person ().
There are many franchised food outlets.
- If you're gambling, drinks are on the house.
There are four hotels. For details an all the options available contact
- Central Bookings, ☎ +27 14 557-1000 (fax: +27 14 557-3111).
or contract the individual hotels
- The Cascades, ☎ +27 14 557-3447, .
- Sun City Hotel, ☎ +27 14 557-4210, .
- Sun City Cabanas, ☎ +27 14 557-1885, .
- The Palace of the Lost City, ☎ +27 14 557-3111, .