Stockholm with childrenEarth : Europe : Scandinavia : Sweden : Svealand : Stockholm : Stockholm with children
Buses give free rides to a stroller with a child, and one accompanying adult.
Most museums are free of charge for children.
- Junibacken is based on Astrid Lindgren's works.
- The Vasa Museum is suitable for children.
- The National Museum of Natural History offers interactive guides to Earth's history, as well as Scandinavian, Arctic and Antarctic wildlife.
- The Museum of Science and Technology, Tekniska museet, has a science centre for hands-on experiments.
- The Transport Museum, Spårvägsmuseet and the Toy Museum, Leksaksmuseet
- miniWorld Stockholm displays contemporary toys.
- The Music and Theatre Museum has instruments for playing.
Toilets might be hard to find in Stockholm. Most hotels have toilets with a nursing table, formally limited to house guests, but usually available on request in the lobby.
Stockholm is safe, compared to other cities of similar size. Beware of waterfront quays, though.