St Francis Bay is a working fishing port and holiday destination on South Africa's Eastern Cape coast.
Cape St Francis Lighthouse.
The canals in St Francis Bay.
The river mouth and beaches in St Francis Bay.
St Francis consists of three closely related, but distinct areas: St Francis Bay, Port St Francis and Cape St Francis.
St Francis Bay is a beach village of Cape Dutch style thatched roof houses build on canals in the Kromme River estuary.
Port St Francis is a working fishing port for the squid/calamari industry. Also home to Station 21 of the national Sea Rescue Institute.
Cape St Francis is home to a working lighthouse build in 1878. Surrounded by beautiful beaches and good surfing spots.
- Cape St Francis Resort, ☎ +27 (0)42 298-0054 ([email protected]), . Close to Joe Fish Restaurant
- Beach Break, ☎ +27 (0)42 298-0054 ([email protected]), . On the beach
- Lyngenfjord House, 7 Lyngenfjord road, ☎ +27 (0)42 298-0444 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)42 298-0445), . 4 star. R250 to R550 per person sharing.
- Osbosch Lodge, ☎ +27 (0)42 294-1001. Self catering and B&B.
- Port Hotel, ☎ +27 (0)42 294-0006 ([email protected]), . Located on the harbour
- Port view place, ☎ +27 (0)42 294-1506 ([email protected]), . B&B within walking distance from the port
- Rent a thatched roof house in the bay, sleeps 6 on the golf course, 250m from the beach. Phone +27 (0)21 461 9787. Nice house, excellent value for money.
- Sandriver Lodge, St Francis Drive (Across the road from St Francis village), ☎ +27 (0)42 294-1052 ([email protected]). Nice B&B close to shopps and golf course R200 to R250 per person sharing.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!