The Spreewald is a region in Brandenburg in the east of Germany.
- Take a guided boat tour on one of the traditional barges to experience the beautiful nature in this area. The barges are moved forward by punting - similarly to the gondolas in Venice. Usually,
- Hire a canoe or kayak from one of the plenty to paddle some of the hundreds of kilometers of waterways yourself.
- Take a cycle tour in the beautiful nature and landscape. Numerous bicycle tracks lead through the beautiful nature.
- Relax in the great new Spreewald Therme (Thermal Spa) in Burg (Spreewald).
- Alter Spreewaldbahnhof (Burg (Spreewald)) - Located in the historic station of a now closed light railway that connected the villages in the upper Spree forest with Cottbus. Drinks and desserts (with small firework fountains) are delivered to the table by a large model railway. Very nice interior with uncountable antiques and collectibles related to railways. Reasonably good regional and German cuisine, but not top end. But definitely great fun, especially if you are with kids or a fan of model railways yourself.
- 17fuffzig (Burg (Spreewald)) - Haute cuisine, located in the Resort & Spa "Zur Bleiche" (see Stay / Do). Pretty expensive, but worth it.
- Kaupen No. 6 (Lübbenau) - Good local food served in an authentic place, an old renovated farmers' house. Can not be reached by car, only on foot or by boat (both from Lübbenau).
- Zum Grünen Strand der Spree (Schlepzig) - Excellent food served in a nice ambiente in a small village in the lower Spree Forest.
- Glück Auf! (Burg (Spreewald)) - Here, the GDR (German Democratic Republic) is still alive! Three old ladies in nylon aprons serve good plain cooking. Huge servings and great value. Better to skip the other meals of the day before you go there. Warning: sometimes closed for no obvious reason or because of private parties.