Speyer is a city in the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany. It is one of the oldest German cities and has a beautiful old town.
Speyer is located at the Autobahn A61. The main station has frequent connections to Mannheim and Karlsruhe.
Speyer has a working railroad system, also it is not directly connected with ICE trains it is easy to reach via Mannheim or Ludwigshafen.
Speyer has a city bus system. You can gt tickts from the bus drivers
- Kaiser und Mariendom - The great romanesque cathedral with crypta (one of Germany's oldest: others are in Mainz and Worms). A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Very nice historic city center.
- Altpörtel - A 55 m high gate, part of the partly existing city wall
- Gedächtniskirche der Protestation - A protestant church
- Historisches Museum der Pfalz - Worthwhile historic museum
- Sealife - An aquarium
- IMAX Dome film theater
- Technik Museum - Technical Museum
A little expensive.