'''Bonito''' is a city in [[Mato Grosso do Sul]], [[Brazil]], Is the heart of eco-tourism in Brazil. The optimum period to visit is between December and March, during the rainy season, with green vegetation, abundant food for the animals and rivers are high. Between May and August there is limited rain which means the waterfalls are not as spectacular, but this is still a great time to visit the other sights.
is served by the bus company called Cruzeiro do Sul [http: //www.cruzeirodosulms.com.br/canais/passagens/linhas/]. Buses depart from Campo Grande every 2 hours during the day (last bus usually at 16:00) and tickets can be purchased at the bus station or local travel agencies. Trip lasts about 5 hours.
The city has an airport served by regular flights operated by Tam and Trip.
there is virtually no public transit in the city of bonito. there are moto-taxis, private to hire. there is no rental car company either. bike rentals available.
There are nice places to do Snorkling, explore caves, ride horses, and hike. While transportation and a guide is not always necessary, those wishing to use a guide should know that not all guides speak English, or in some cases, Spanish.
* <sleep name="Camping Rio Formosa" address="" directions="next to the balneario municipal" phone=""
email="" fax="" checkin="" checkout="" price="10 real per person" url=""> Behind the camping there is a small track of 200 meters to the rio formosa, where you can snorkel if you have your own equipment, or just take a bath next to the gorgeous waterfall in the crystal clear water .</sleep>
* <sleep name="Eco Pousada Villa Verde
" email="[email protected]
* <sleep name="Jubaia Lodge" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" url="http://www.pousadajubaia.com.br" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]
*<sleep name="Muito Bonoto Lodge" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="(67) 3255-1645" url="http://www.muitobonito.com.br/eng/ssd/n1.asp?n1_id=18" checkin="" checkout="" price="45 Real" lat="" long="">Very nice Lodge, with friendly atmosphere, close to the city center.
The lodge is built around a court yard, where breakfast is offered. They are also very helpful when organizing transportation.</sleep>
* '''Pousadas, Hotéis, Hostel, Albergue e Hospedagem''' [http://www.bonitopousada.com]
* <sleep name="Zagaia Eco Resort Hotel"> For those with a bigger budget, the Zagaia Eco Resort, a littl eout of town, offers excellent and posh accomodation.</sleep>