- If you are looking for the region of the US state, see Southwest Georgia.
Southwestern Georgia is a region along Georgia's Black Sea coast, which borders Turkey to the south.
- Ajara — a majority Muslim autonomous region of Georgia with beaches, palm trees, and wonderfully fattening food
- Guria — a region famous for its "Gurian Riders," trick horse riders who toured the United States as part of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show
- Batumi — the capital of Ajara and Georgia's third largest city is a pleasant Black Sea port with great Ajaruli cuisine
- Chokhatauriy — the source of Georgia's second most famous mineral water, Nabeghlavi
- Ozurgeti — the capital of Guria is a fairly small town; near the Shemokmedi Monastery and the Likhauri Church
- Askana Fortress
- Likhauri Church (15th century)
- Petra/Tsikhisdziri Fortress (3,000 years old)
- Shemokmedi Monastery (16th century)