Skagen is a town in North Jutland.
Skagen is the northernmost town in Denmark, with the northernmost point in Denmark; Grenen. This is where the Baltic sea (Østersøen) and the North Sea (Nordsøen) meet.
It's a town where the main turnover are the fishing fleet and the connected industries - food industries and different industries supporting the fleet. Second income is tourism. There are 8.900 habitants in the town but in the main tourist season the inhabitants increase up to 50-60.000 persons.
The semi private Nordjyske Jernbaner  railway runs between Frederikshavn, interchange with the national railway system, and Skagen.
The easiest option is following the E45 highway to Frederikshavn and take national road 40 from there. To the port of Hirtshals with ferry connections to Norway, catch road 597 Skagensvej/Hirsthalsvej and make a turn in the village Ålbæk.
A very popular way of transport in the area is by bicycle on a distributed net of bicycle paths.
The harbour is the main spot in summer where thousands of tourist frequents the different restaurants on the quay. The harbour itself is a big marina with many guesting boats from Norway, Sweden and Germany.
Grenen, the northernmost point in Denmark. Use road #40 to get there. There is aprox. 2-3km from the parking lot to Grenen.
Skagen Museum is a very good art museum showing a vast collection of paintings from the famous school of artists from the late 19th century, the Skagen Painters.
Right south of Skagen is one of the biggest migrating dunes in Europe. 'Råbjerg Mile' is moving about 15 meters pr. year eastward leaving a new land to be populated by plants and animals on the western side.
- Fishing: The harbour in Skagen is a good place to fish, because of the two seas meeting at Grenen.
- Bird watching: 'Grenen' and the areas right south west of it is one of the best spots in Denmark watching migrating birds and the town is visited by hundreds of bird watchers in spring and fall.
- Beach Life: Skagen is surrounded of fine white beaches.
- Skagen Kultur & Fritidscenter: Indoor swimming, Handball, Volley, Badminton. Does also have a small restaurant.
- SkawBowling: A bowling center with 8 bowling lanes, pool tables, slot machines and a restaurant.
- Skagen Turist arranges guided tours in Skagen.
- Bike rental: Bikes can be rented at Skagen Cykeludlejning 
Amber and different handicrafts
Skagen is well known for its fish products in general and for its fresh cooked shrimps in particular. Enjoy them on the quey at the small restaurants in the old fishing houses or bring them with you home.
- Restaurant De 2 Have, Fyrvej 42, ☎ +45 98 44 24 35, . Gastropub and restaurant at Grenen's parking lot, with a view at the two oceans.
- Pakhuset, Rødspættevej 6, ☎ +45 98 44 20 00, . Fish restaurant at the harbour.
- Jakobs Café & Bar, Havnevej 4A, ☎ +45 98 44 16 90, . Popular café and bar in the city center.
- Bodilles Kro, Østre Strandvej 11, ☎ +45 98 44 33 00, . Restaurant with traditional Danish food.
- Skagen Fiskerestaurant, Fiskehuskaj 13, ☎ +45 98 44 35 44, . Fish restaurant at the harbour.
- Restaurante Firenze, Havnevej 9, ☎ +45 98 45 19 22, . Italian restaurant and pizzeria.
- Brøndums Hotel, Anchersvej 3, ☎ +45 98 44 15 55, . Prices starting at 87€.
- Color Hotel Skagen, Gl. Landevej 39, ☎ +45 98 44 22 33, . Prices starting at 128€.
- Hotel Petit, Holstvej 4, ☎ +45 98 44 11 99, . Prices starting at 87€.
- Aalbæk Gl. Kro, Skagensvej 42, 9982 Aalbæk, ☎ +45 98 48 90 22, . Prices starting at 105€.
- Hotel Lille Nord, Vestre Strandvej 28, ☎ +45 98 44 67 16, . Prices starting at 134€.
- Hotel Traneklit, Chr. Møllersvej, ☎ +45 98 44 13 22, . Prices starting at 613€ per week.
- Hotel Strandly, Østre Strandvej 35, ☎ +45 98 44 11 31, . Prices starting at 67€.
- Clausens Hotel, Sct. Laurentii Vej 35, ☎ +45 98 45 01 66, . Prices starting at 74€.