| || |
| || |
Revision as of 14:02, 21 October 2009
Sivas is a city in northeastern part of Central Anatolia, Turkey.
There are daily flights from Istanbul to Sivas Airport (VAS). A number of other cities across Turkey are also served with less frequent flights.
- Istanbul, Izmit, Eskişehir (Doğu Express, Güney Express, Vangölü Express)
- Ankara, Kayseri (Doğu Express, Erzurum Express, Güney Express, Vangölü Express, 4 Eylül Mavi Treni)
- Batman, Diyarbakir, Malatya (Güney Express, 4 Eylül Mavi Treni)
- Tatvan (Lake Van), Muş, Elazig (Vangölü Express)
- Kars, Erzurum, Erzincan (Doğu Express, Erzurum Express)
See Turkish State Railways website for more details .
As Turkish bus system is extensive, you can find buses from many cities in Turkey, including Istanbul and Ankara among many others.
- Buruciye Medresesi, Centrum, . Wonderful designed school. Built by Seljuks. Nice photography place, great sun movements.
- Drink Turkish Coffee at Cerkezin Kahvesi
- 165 km southeast of Sivas, is Divrigi, an ancient town, which was once a Byzantine site. By the 12th and 13th centuries, it was the capital of Turkish Mengucek Emirs, and the remains of Ulu Mosque of 1229 and a citadel remain from the period. The Baroque style portal of this magnificent mosque is a real masterpiece of stonework, and this monumental building has been declared by UNESCO to be one of the eminent cultural heritages of the world.
- Soguk Cermik is another spa center. Hafik, Todurge (Zara), and Gokpinar (Gurun) Lakes are some of the interesting places for picnicking, boating and fishing.
- Besides its historical treasures, the city possesses several other specialties, one of which is Balikli Kaplica, an interesting spa of the town Kangal. It is a thermal spring, filled with tiny fish living in the hot waters, which provides a different type of cure for skin complaints. It is the only cure center in the world for "Sedef Hastaligi" (psoriasis).
The telephone code of the city (and surrounding towns) is (+90) 346.