Sitges  is a lovely town, some 35 Km south of Barcelona in Spain.
Sitges has one of most vibrant and hippest gay scene on the coast. The beaches are very colorful and fun!
You can get there by train or by car.
The easiest way is by the Spanish Railways (RENFE). The journey by train from Barcelona costs €2.50, and takes around 35 minutes. Direct trains leave from Passeig de Gràcia or Sants stations - from Plaça de Catalunya a change is required at Barcelona-Sants. There are four trains an hour - two fast trains and two stopping trains.
By car, there are two routes - either via the C-31 (a local road which winds its way around the cliff faces) or the C-32 (a toll motorway). The C-32 is recommended for speed and safety, however it costs around €5, while the C-31 is free.
By Air, the closest airports are Barcelona airport (Sitges is accessible by train, changing at El Prat de Llobregat) or Reus (Sitges is accessible by train changing at either Sant Vicenç de Calders or Vilanova i la Geltrú).
- Cau Ferrat: this house was owned by Santiago Russiñol, a modernist painter that gave a lot of life to the movement. many parties where held here, and now you can see paintings, sculptures, etc. the name comes from Cau, ("place") and ferrat, ("made of iron"), since the place has many decorative items made of these materials.
- This museum has a small Picasso, several el Grecos as well as some small pieces by a range of Catalan modernists
- Beaches here are 11 beaches of varying sizes. The most famous one is perhaps Platja de St Sebastian, located just northeast of the Cau Ferrat.
- Fragata Paseig de la Ribera (under the old church). One of the best fine dining restuarants in Sitges with wonderful harbour views and stunning food. Inspired by the local fish and seafood but with delivered with a style and flair that sets it apart. Fragata Website
the streets near the waterfront are filled with street cafes, including so,me. local youngsters gathers on the beach after nightfall.
- Hotel Celimar, Passeig De La Ribera, 18. Tel. (+34) 93 811 01 70. Modest rooms, with bath & shower, facing onto the beach front, about 30 minutes drive or train west out of Barcelona. About €100 per night for a double room.
- Mediterráneo Sitges · Hotel & Apartments  This 4 stars apartment-hotel is in a great location right on the beachfront. The apartments have a bedroom, lounge, marble bathroom, kitchen and private terrace. You are directly on the beach and a short walk from the town centre.
- AndysRooms , San Juan, Sitges - Located in the heart of the old town, gay owned and operated. Beautiful rooms in a 500 year old Catalan Casa,