Sialkot (Urdu/Punjabi: سیالکوٹ ) is a city in the northeast of the Pakistani province of Punjab.
The Clock Tower in Sialkot
According to legends and traditions, the city is about 5000 years old and was first established by Raja Sul and was invaded by Alexander in 327 AD. It was re-established by Raja Sálbán in 200 AD. He built the famous Sialkot Fort. The city is famous for its small industries such as; surgical goods, sports goods, leather garments, musical instruments, uniform badges, health gloves, stainless steel utensils, and many other exportable items. It fetches more than a billion US dollars of foreign exchange every year. It is frequently visited by foreign buyers on business assignments. During last few years the city has progressed rapidly. In order to boost the exports and facilitate the goods and passengers movement, a dry port has been establishment at Sambrial, and an international airport has been built with the financial support of the local businessmen. Sialkot-Lahore motorway is also planned which, when built, will reduce the distance and travel time between the two cities considerably.
Sialkot International Airport Control Tower
Direct flights are available from Sialkot International Airport to Karachi, Islamabad, London, Jeddah, AL-Riyad, Dammam, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Kuwait, and Muscat. Now also Shaheen Air operates 2 Weekly Flights to Sharjah and 1 Weekly Flight to Muscat. it has the biggest Haj Flights Terminal. Other Arab Carriers like Etihad, Qatar Airways and DHL cargo run Operations. Sialkot Airport has the biggest runway in Asia.
On one side, Sialkot is connected to Lahore and Rawalpindi through Wazirabad railway junction and on the other side, it is also linked to Lahore and ShakarGarh through Narowal railway junction.
Sialkot is linked with National Highway (N-5) via Gujranwala as well as via Wazirabad. A duel carriage way is under construction between Sialkot and Wazirabad. It takes about 2 hours to reach Lahore and about 4 hours to reach Rawalpindi. Daewoo bus service is available from Sialkot to Lahore, Islamabad, Gujranwala, Faisalabad and Multan, Peshawar & Jhang.
At present no regular public transport is available in the city. There are plans for the introduction of metro bus service in near future. The most common means of public transport is auto rickshaw. A few taxis are also available. Rental car service is available near the bus station and under Jinnah Park Flyover.
- Seerat Study Center is locate on Ghazi Road in cantonment area.
- Imam Ali ul Haq shrine is on Imam Sahib Road.
- Iqbal's Birth Place (Iqbal Manzil/ Museum) in situated on Iqbal Road in the old city.
- Sialkot Fort Centuries old fort ruins are in the center of the city on Fort Road.
- Baba Bari Sahib Centuries old Sikh shrine(Bari Sahib) is located on Zafarwal Road.
- Jinnah Stadium (International Cricket Test Centre) is located on Circular Road.
- Sialkot Cathedral - This 160 years old cathedral is located in the cantonment area.
- Clock Tower Century old Clock Tower is the most famous landmark of Sialkot, situated in Saddar Bazar.
- Puran Bhagat Well - Another historical site situated near cantonment area.
- Local Industry - Visit Sialkot Chamber of Commerce to see local products. You can ask them to arrange a visit to local manufacturing units (Sports goods, garments, leather, surgical instruments, music instruments).
Iqbal Manzil, Birth Place of famous poet, Allam Muhammad Iqbal, Also contains Iqbal Museum and a Library
Sialkot Cathedral established in 1850
Shawala Teja Singh Temple
- Hockey Academy, Gulshan Park Near Pulaik. Field Hockey Academy, recently added by first Astro Truff in the City.
- Sozo water park (Underconstruction) (Sialkot Cantt. Branch (mid 2010)), Garison park.
- Leather garments (original leather coats, jackets & accessories)
- Sports Goods (soccer, volleyballs. rugby balls, basket balls, hockey sticks, tennis rackets, cricket gear, polo sticks, fishing equipment, boxing & other sports equipment).
- Sportswear (track suits, T-shirts, Gloves, sports wear & karate uniforms)
- Musical Instruments (Scotch Pipe, Drums, Guitars)
- Chicken Cottage, Hotel Taj Palace, Katchery Road Sialkot City. Coffee, cocktails, snacks.
- Dinners Club, Hotel Taj Palace, Katchery Road Sialkot City. Pakistani, Chinese.
- Vivo Cafe & Grill, Ghazi Road at V-Mall Sialkot Cantt, ☎ 4298991. 1:00pm-11:30pm. Upscale. Good Salads, steaks, oriental, continental and Italian food. Best food, Great service. The music played there is lovelly and the staff is very polite to coustomers. little expensive.
- KFC, Near Bus Stand, Cantt, Sialkot, ☎ 111-532-532. Fast Food.
- Pizza Hut, Ghazi Road at V-Mall Sialkot Cantt. Fast Food
- Yorkshire, Railway Road Sialkot City. Pakistani, Continental.
- Silver Spoon, Aziz Shaheed Road Sialkot Cantt. chinese & continental
- Eat More Restaurant, Aziz Shaheed Road Sialkot Cantt. Pakistani. Good fried fish.
- Hot & Cold, Sarko Hotel,Aziz Shaheed Road Sialkot Cantt. Pakistani. Continental.
- Nawabdin Kulfi, Old City. Faloda, Kulfi
- Yummy 36, Aziz Shaeed Road Sialkot Cantt. Ice Cream
- delhi shai, Cantonment sialkot. b.b q shawarma biryani and many other thing.
- Rendezvous, Ghazi Road Sialkot Cantt. Good
- McDonalds, Clover Mall At Mehmood Ghaznavi Road Sialkot Cantt.
- Frangoz, Aziz Shaheed Road Sialkot Cantt. and Circular Road.
- SUBWAY, Ghazi Road, V-Mall Sialkot Cantt. Sandwiches & Salads, International Brand
- Grandiose, Aziz Shaheed Road Sialkot Cantt. lower ground HSBC Bank, ☎ 0092524291554. 12pm to 1am.
- Mazeo, Shahab pura road Sialkot..
- McDonalds, 8 Div. Army Welfare Complex.
- Hotel one, Wazirabad Road.052-3240495, 052-3240494.
- Galaxy Hotel, Wazirabad Road, 052-3555557.
- Hotel Taj Palace, Court Road, 052-4270034.
- Pace Tower , Aziz Shaheed Road, 052-4266144.
- Spring Heights, Aziz Shaheed Road, 052-4261910, 052-4265685.
- Canal View Hotel, Airport Road, 052-5520780.
- Hotel Stay Inn, Aziz Shaheed Road, 052-4272480.
- Hotel Javson, Defence Road, 052-3242973, 964, 965
The people of Sialkot are very friendly to the visitors. Many visitors from Europe, Middle East, America, Australia and Asian countries vist Sialkot to see the manufacturing facilities and ordering the products. Any one who visits this beautiful city cannot resist praising the hospitality of people.
Rescue Police 15, Edhi Rescue Service 115,
Emergency Fire/Ambulance 1122
Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital 400 beds 9250062,
Sardar Begum Memorial Hospital 341 beds 9256128, Combined Military Hospital 5716151
Sialkot Medical Complex 280 beds 4601000, Islam Central Hospital 4604948
Social Security Hospital 113 beds 3255502 , Idrees Hospital
Christianmemorial hospital paris road 340 Bed Full Air Conditionar,
- Public call offices (PCO) line all major streets in Sialkot.
- Internet cafes can be found in hotels and main streets.
- WiFi Sialkot International Airport is free WiFi Zone RUN by COMSATS Internet Services, contact 111-700-800 for free access. Subway Restaurant also offers free Wifi Facility to its customers
- General Post Office Paris Road
- TCS Khadim Ali ROAD.
- FCA Paris Road.
Head Marala is a famous picnic spot near Sialkot
- Head-Marala - Situated about 20 km from the city, it is a head works situated on River Chenab. Two canals originate from there. A good place for angling and to eat fresh fish around and having good views of the Shiwalak Mountains in Indian-held Kashmir.