Sharpsburg is a small historic village in Western Maryland, home to Antietam National Battlefield.
Antietam National Battlefield
- Antietam Cafe & Wine Bar, 111 W Main St, ☎ +1 301 432-0711, . The place to eat in Sharpsburg, with a full bar and crab cakes that attract favorable reviews.
- Jacob Rohrbach Inn, 138 W Main Street, ☎ +1 301 432-5079, +1 877 839-4242 ([email protected], fax: +1 877 839-4242), . An exceptionally charming, historic Bed & Breakfast (1804), offering a multi-course daily breakfast, free WiFi, and antique furnishings. Double: $130-185.
- The natural "next stops" for visitors interested in Civil War sites are the incredible national battlefield at Gettysburgh (one hour away) and Harpers Ferry (half hour).
- Next door is the original Washington Monument at Boonsboro.
- The closest cities of any real size are Hagerstown and Frederick.