Putuo is in Shanghai.
Shanghai West Station is located in this district and is served by a few daily trains from around the area. There is also direct service to/from Shanghai Station on a sporadic basis for those too hurried to use the subway or bus.
Caoyang Rd. metro station is located in the district, but the main attractions in the area require a bus ride from the station. Metro line 11 now runs further into this district, but taxis may be hard to find outside some of the stations (for example, going from Zhenru station to the nearest shopping center is a rather arduous journey on foot with no bus service while going the other way there are taxis and pedicabs which make the journey significantly quicker and easier; passengers going to the Meichuan Rd/Zhenguang Rd area are advised to take the subway to Shanghai West one stop over to aid in finding transportation).
Bus #947 runs from Zhongshan Park Metro station through the important points in the district. Bus #837 runs from the main train station, #827 from Beixinjing Metro station, and #876 from Songhong Rd and Caoyang Rd Metro stations. Also, Bus #807 runs from Hongqiao airport. In addition to these, Changzhen line 1 runs from Shanghai West and Qilianshan Rd stations.
- Changfeng Park, (#947 bus, stop is announced in English). It is a park like most others except it also has a mini-amusement park and aquarium within. Worth a visit if you are staying nearby as it is less crowded than Zhongshan or Century Parks.
- Stampede Karting, (#947/#807/#827 bus, Meichuan Rd/Zhenguang Rd stop). Supposedly the largest go-kart track in Asia, it's not bad, though the price leaves a little to be desired. 88RMB/round.
- Brilliance Zhonghuan Mall, intersection of Meichuan and Zhenguang Roads ("Buses). Su-Th 10AM-9:30PM, F Sa 10AM-10PM. Massive shopping mall with multiple restaurants and shops for clothing (including maternity clothing) as well as an Apple Store. This is also home to the only bowling alley within a 2 km radius and the only Baskin-Robbins and Uniqlo in the district.
- Macalline, intersection of Meichuan and Zhenbei Roads. Has a huge furniture and bathroom fixtures' mall. It is amazingly well-stocked, and the newer half can even be considered an attraction in itself for the truly bored.
- Shanghai Light Textile Market, Cao'an Road (Bus #947, last stop #948). Not to be missed. Despite its name, it also sells various knick-knacks, photo frames, paintings, shoes, and all kinds of dresses, among other things.
- Yi Pin Quan, (Across the street from 1333 Meichuan Rd). Open until late night. A rather upscale restaurant particularly known for its pan-fried meat buns. ¥50-¥100.
Hanlin Korean Restaurant, Mei Chuan Rd/Wan Zhen Rd (Take any bus to Zhenguang Rd/Meichuan Rd stop and walk towards the Meichuan Rd pedestrian street; follow it to the end). Open until late night. A new Korean restaurant that has somewhat expensive barbecue and more affordable regular Korean dishes. There is an alternate location on the 4th floor of Brilliance Zhonghuan mall, but it's significantly smaller and more crowded. ¥50-¥100.
- Le Tour Shanghai Youth Hostel (上海乐途白兰国际青年旅舍), 136 Bailan Rd (普陀区白兰路136号,凯旋北路口) (Between Metro Stations Caoyang Rd and Jinshajiang Rd (lines 3 and 4)), ☎ +86 21-52510808, . While it is not in the most beautiful section of Shanghai, the place is clean, people friendly, Metro close, and there is a supermarket right across the corner from the hostel. ¥70.
- Jin Sha Hotel Jin Jiang, . 3-star accommodation that houses restaurants, banquet halls, multipurpose meeting rooms, recreational facilities, and a shopping arcade. Easy access to Shanghai Railway Station and Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway.
- Riverside Hotel, 1305 N Kaixuan Rd W, ☎ +86 21-62609988, . 4-star hotel consisting 212 rooms. Start ¥398.
- Shanghai Wumao Hotel, 2550 N Zhongshan Rd, . Infusing pleasure in business. This three-star hotel offers contemporary facilities and multi-cuisine restaurants. Near Inner Ring Rd and Metro Lines 3 and 4.