This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of September.
- 27th: World Tourism Day  - global promotion of tourism and travel by the United Nations' World Tourism Organization
- One week in September: South African National Parks Week , SANParks allow free access for South African citizens to most national parks.
- Early September: Soweto Wine Festival,  in Soweto
- 24th: Heritage Day (Public holiday)
- Late September: Soweto Festival,  in Soweto
- Late September: Hermanus Whale Festival,  in Hermanus
- The week around 24th of September: St. Mercè parties - Barcelona
- 8th-21st: Fiesta of the Virgen de la Vega - Salamanca
- 11th: 9-1-1 emergency number day or simply 9-1-1 day - promotional day for firefighters and police; since 2001 it has become a day of remembrance
- 1st Monday in September: U.S. Labor Day; Mackinac Bridge Walk, from St. Ignace to Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival  - Hampton, New Hampshire