Sežana  is a city and municipality in the Coast and Karst region of Slovenia.
Sežana is on the main train line from Ljubljana to Trieste (Italy) and onto Venice. There are quite frequent trains between Ljubljana and Sezana but trains through to Trieste are less frequent. If travelling from Trieste or elsewhere in Italy it's best to take a bus from Trieste to Sezana (about 20 minutes, 2 euro).
Sežana is on the main A3 highway between Ljubljana and Sežana.
The Lipica stud farm (the white lipizzaner horses) is about 6 km from the town center and railway station. There is no regular public transport. You can call a taxi, which costs 10 euro.
- Škocjanske jame
- Botanic park Sežana
There are many restaurants, pizzas and fast foods in the city.
You will find many bars in all the city area.
There are many hotels in the city.
- Hotel Tabor (368 m), Kolodvorska ulica 4, SEŽANA (Sezana), ☎ +386 5 7341551, . checkin: 12 a.m.; checkout: 10 p.m.. Hotel with three stars near the Sežana railway station
The following places are all a short ways away from Sežana:
- Lipica, home of the Lipizzaner horses is about seven kilometers to the west (6 km)
- Postojna and its cave system is a short drive east on the A1 (35 km)
- The Slovenian coastal towns of Koper, Izola, Piran and Portorož are 50-60 minutes away by car heading west on the A1.
- Trieste (Italy) is barely 17 km away (30 minutes by train and bus) and with frequent buses to the Slovenian and Croatian coast and boats to small towns on the Italian, Slovenian and Croatian coast it may be a good base for exploring the area.