Saugus is a town in Massachusetts.
- Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site, Phone: +1 781-233-0050, . Daily. Apr-Oct 9AM-5PM. Nov-Mar 9AM-4PM. Site of the first integrated ironworks in North America (1646-1668). It includes the reconstructed blast furnace, forge, rolling mill, and a restored seventeenth century house.
- Boardman House, 17 Howard St. A late 17th century house.
- Breakheart Reservation State Park, Forest Street, Phone: +1 781-233-0834, . Year round, dusk to dawn. Biking, hiking, fishing and swimming. Extensive trails over 640 acres with views of Boston and New Hampshire. Two freshwater lakes.
- Square One Mall- Located at 1277 Broadway Route 1, Saugus MA. Square One Mall is another Simon Mall located right on the highway in Saugus. It has all of your popular shops and department stores and has several restaurants to enjoy a great dining experience while you shop. There’s plenty of parking available and it’s also located next to a shopping plaza which includes Stop & Shop, Newbury Comics, and Kmart. It’s the perfect location during the holiday season to get all of your shopping done at once. On the weekends, it turns into a “hang-out” for the local kids, so I would advice the Burlington Mall if you are looking for a more “up-scale” shopping experience. Square One is the perfect mall to shop in if your looking for a quick stop shopping need. For a complete list of stores check out the online directory: http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=340
- Angelica’s Fashion and Accessories- 339 Broadway, Saugus MA. Angelica’s a local bridal and prom dress shop in Saugus. It is the number one place to go when looking for an evening gown or prom dress at a discounted price. They have a decent selection of dresses and have shoes and accessories in the store to help complete the outfit. During prom season, they only allow you to try on a dress, if that specific dress has not already been purchased for the same high school prom. This way no one shows up with the same dress. There are only a few places to go in this area to get an evening gown and Angelica’s definitely has the most inexpensive selections. They also have a great selection of dance competition clothing. They have younger girls working the floor so they can come off rude so try to look for gowns on your own. They also recommend local seamstresses if the dress needs tailoring.
- Kowloons Restaurant (Food Type: Chinese Polynesian Thai: Sushi available!) Kowloon’s Restaurant is one of the famous landmarks on Route 1 in Saugus. It mostly known for its tall building that you can see from the highway. Kowloons is great for any type of occasion. Lunch and dinner are served daily. There are several party halls located in the restaurant which makes it perfect for any party needs. They also have a comedy club inside the restaurant which makes it a great social place to go on the weekends. The inside décor is exciting and filled with water fountains and lights. This is not the best place to go if you don’t like large crowds or loud music. They also have live music on certain nights (inquire when calling for specific dates and times). Reservations are only taken for large groups.
- Kelly's Roast Beef -595 Broadway Saugus, MA 01906 (781)233-5000. Kelly’s Roast Beef is considered to be the best place in the area to get a roast beef sandwich. They are a casual dinning environment where kids are welcomed. You order your food from a cashier and then choose a seat of your choice. There’s plenty of seating since it’s a large location. They offer food anywhere from the sandwiches to classic New England clam chowder. It’s a great place to eat on the run. They also have a drive thru available on location. It’s a great place to grab a quick, but delicious, bite to eat!
- Red Roof Inn Boston-Saugus, 920 Broadway (Route 1), Phone: +1 781 941-1400 Fax: +1 781 941-2024, .
- Boston-Days Inn Saugus, 999 Broadway (Route 1), Phone: +1 781 233-1800, Fax: +1 781 233-1814, .