Sarikei is a town in Sarawak, East Malaysia.
- Taxis - taxis are available near the wharf terminals and the bus terminal, as well as in the central taxi station at the first intersection of Jalan Repok.
- Sebangkoi Country Resort - this is a popular place to visit for the local populace. What was once a simple waterfall has now emerged as a multimillion dollar development with landscaped gardens and accommodation.
- Sarikei Wharf Esplanade - this is ideal for evening strolls and sunset watching. The sun sets in the west and that's the direction of the Rejang River's flow towards the river mouth at the South China Sea where it deposits its silt.
- Sarikei Merdeka Park - this is one of the latest additions to the local government's effort to turn Sarikei into a more aesthetic town. Built in 2004, it consists of a central courtyard framed by two gazebos and Zen balls. The park was built on what used to be the Pasar Tamu of the town.
- Sarikei Rejang Market located at Bank Road facing Rejang River's Terminal 1
There are 2-3 major shopping centres in Sarikei, namely Ngiu Kee and Everrise.
Interesting places to eat in Sarikei include the two coffeeshops in the Nyelong Industrial Estate, which serve nice Kam Pua noodles as well as Prawn Noodles.
Aik Seng coffeeshop serves a mean Roti Kahwin, Nasi Lemak and an interesting version of Kam Pua noodles (the only "halal" kampua in town)
and Hieh Lik coffeeshop, which houses the Ah Cheng eatery. Taman Selera at Kampung Seberang is one of the hottest spot at night serving different types of food.
A Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and a local fast food franchise called Sugar Bun serves the occasional craving for fast food for the local populace.
- Rejang Hotel, No. 1, Jalan Berjaya, Sarikei, ☎ 084-652693. RM 20-40.
- Ambassador Hotel, ☎ 084-651262 / 651264 (fax: 084-651262). RM 31-63.
- Hiek Lik Hotel, No. 33, Jalan Repok, Sarikei, ☎ 084-654703 (fax: 084-654704). RM 35-50.
- Welcome Inn, No. 11-13, Jalan Bank, Sarikei, ☎ 084-653311 (fax: 084-654411). RM 35-60.
- Payang Puri Hotel, No 1 & 2, Jalan Merdeka, Sarikei, ☎ 084-651216 (fax: 084-652358). RM 65-125.
- Dragon Inn, No. 60, Jalan Masjid Lama, Sarikei, ☎ 084-651799 (fax: 084-651798). RM 50-200.
- Wawasan Inn, No. 69-72, Jalan Masjid Lama, Sarikei, ☎ 084-653198 / 653199 (fax: 084-651157). RM 60-200.
- Furama Hotel, No. 41-42, Jalan Haji Karim, Sarikei., ☎ 084-654796 (fax: 084-652539). RM 60-160.
- Oriental Hotel, No. 48, Jalan Repok, Sarikei, ☎ 084-654796 / 651208 (fax: 084-651209).
- Water Transport: Sarikei Wharf Terminal. Terminal 1 is next to the the clock tower and the pineapple statue. Terminal 2 serves the bigger boats to Kuching.
- Land Transport: Sarikei Regional bus terminal located 1 km from town centre serves as the main hub for express buses to various destinations in Sarawak including Kuching, Sri Aman, Sibu, Bintangor, Bintulu and Miri.