Sanur is a town on the east coast of South Bali.
Sanur is Bali's oldest upscale resort area and is a mature beach-side town. Despite the abundance of restaurants and accommodation, it has a quiet and relaxed feel to it. In general terms, it is more expensive than Kuta but cheaper than Seminyak. Sanur tends to appeal most to middle-aged and older families, especially Europeans.
The Sanur area is sandwiched between the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass and the beach. One main route called Jalan Danau Tamblingan runs north to south through the town and it is easy to orient yourself with reference to this road.
Sanur is a 20 minute taxi ride from the Ngurah Rai International Airport, and a pre-paid coupon costs Rp 95,000. There are plenty of metered taxis all over the island who will be keen to take you to Sanur.
If you are driving yourself, this is one of the more staightforward areas of Bali to find as the main Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai is the western boundary of Sanur. There are many well signposted exit points from this main road into the heart of Sanur. Allow about 20 minutes driving time from Kuta or Legian, about 30 minutes from Seminyak or Ubud and 10 to 15 minutes from Denpasar.
Sanur is well serviced by shuttle buses and bemos from the north and south and also from Denpasar's Tegal terminal. The bus company Perama  has its Sanur office in Jalan Hangtuah, and offers difrect transfer here from Candidasa, Kuta, Lovina, Padang Bai and Ubud. Private shuttle buses run from most major tourist centres of Bali to Sanur; check local advertising and always book 24 hours in advance.
There's also a free bus service called Trans Sarbagita that runs following route Term. Batu Bulan (Gianyar) - Tohpati (DPS) - Sanur (DPS) - Kuta Central Park (Badung) - Jimbaran (Badung) - Nusa Dua (Badung). It's free till 31st of August 2012 as per government funded program.
Boats from Nusa Lembongan arrive at the beach at the end of Jalan Hangtuah, and detailed schedules are given in the Nusa Lembongan article.
Jalan Danau Tamblingan, the main street in Sanur, has a number of outlets for car, motorbike and bicycle rental. A large number of metered taxis patrol the streets looking for passengers. Local bemos run with some regularity up and down both Jalan Danau Tamblingan and Jalan Danau Poso.
Sanur is also a great place to walk. Distances are not large, the streets are relatively quiet, and there is a splendid, paved beach front path which runs the whole length of the district.
This is a town with a wealth of cultural, natural and historical attractions, as well as the obvious shopping and beach-related sights.
The annual kite festival at Padang Galak, Sanur
- International Kite Festival, Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur, east off the main Jalan Ngurah Rai bypass). The annual international kite festival takes place here every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to 10 metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. The origins of this event are as a festival intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the actual organised festival, from June through to August each year, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area.
- Le Mayeur Museum, Jl Hangtuah (go the end of Jalan Hangtuah and turn right at the beach. Proceed along the paved footpath through the souvenir stalls and look for the entrance to the museum on your right), ☎ +62 361 286201. Su-F 7.30AM-3.30PM. This is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur, which is now a museum dedicated to his works. Le Mayeur arrived in Bali in 1932 and soon immersed himself in the culture of the island, and married a noted Balinese Legong dancer. Much of the house stands just as it did when he died in 1958, and apart from viewing his works, visitors will gain an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali's very first expats. The whole place is in need of some maintenance, but this remains one of Bali's true hidden treasures. Rp 10,000.
- Mangrove Information Centre (MIC), Suwung Kauh ("just), ([email protected]), . M-Sa 8AM-4PM. Visit the well appointed Mangrove Information Centre set in the huge 600 hectare mangrove forest which fringes the east coast south of Sanur. There are two different boardwalks through the mangrove forest. This centre is doing great work in educating local schoolchildren as well as visitors, about the importance of mangrove forests. A good place to spend half a day for adults and children. Rp 50,000 entrance, Rp 50,000 parking.
- Pura Blanjong (Blanjong Temple), Jl Danau Poso, Blanjong (just south of Sanur). The most notable temple in Sanur which contains a major, important inscription on a stone pillar called the Prasati Blanjong. The inscription tells of a Javanese king who visited Bali in the 10th century and installed what was probably Bali's first formal government. This is Bali's oldest known artifact.
- Serangan Island Turtle Conservation Centre (Turtle Island), (about 3 km south of Sanur, reached by turning east off the main Jl Ngurah Rai bypass), ☎ +62 813 3841 2716, . 9AM-5PM daily. Visit the Turtle Conservation and Education Centre here and learn about current conservation initiatives. This island used to be the centre of the Balinese trade in turtle meat until the practice was banned. Donation.
As well as shopping and eating, there are plenty of photo opportunities while walking along the splendid 5km beachside paved path. The local night markets are a sensory delight, with plenty of food options.
The paved beachfront path at the Sanur Hyatt, looking east
Sanur's splendid paved beachfront cycle-path stretches some 5 kilometres from the Jalan Mertasari area in south Sanur, north to the main beach at Jalan Hangtuah. This makes for a lovely scenic bike ride, especially in the early morning. Some bikes are better maintained than others so you might want to test your hire-bike close to home for a while in case the pedals have a tendency to fall off.
Although the diving available around Sanur is not the best Bali has to offer, nearly all of Bali's most established dive operators are located here. All offer trips further afield.
- Diving-Indo, Jl Danau Poso 53A, ☎ + 62 361 287311, . Small family operated 5star PADI dive centre. Dive courses available in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian and Bahasa Indonesia. Underwater foto and video services, 3 comfortable own speedboats: Eunice 1,2 and 3 available for private charters also: diving, fishing, snorkeling or surfing.
- Atlantis Bali Diving, Jl By Pass Ngurah Rai 350, ☎ +62 61 284312 ([email protected]), . Full range of dives and courses offered at this PADI 5 star dive operator. English, French, German, Spanish and Indonesian speaking instuctors
- BIDP, Jl Danau Poso No26, ☎ +62 361 285065 ([email protected]), . Large and long-established PADI dive centre offering dive trips all around Bali and full range of courses
- Blue Season Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 69x, ☎ +62 361 270852 ([email protected]), . PADI Career Development Centre. Dive trips and safaris around Bali, and PADI courses from beginner to instructor. Also offers technical diving courses. Instruction offered in English, Japanese, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Indonesian.
- Crystal Divers, Jl Danau Tamblingan 168, ☎ +62 361 286737 ([email protected]), . This was the first PADI Career Development Centre in Indonesia. A full range of courses is available from intro dives to instructor courses as well as day dive trips and dive safaris around Bali.
- Diving Bali, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27c, ☎ + 62 361 282664, . One of the best dive centres in Sanur offering dive courses, fun dives and liveaboard trips. Offers a full range of fun dives and courses
- Joe's Gone Diving Bali, Ngurah Rai Bypass 44A, ☎ + 62 361 270 633 ([email protected]), . A professional, Dutch-owned dive center offering PADI dive courses, daily dive trips and dive safaris around Bali. Courses are given in multiple languages.
There are many places to do your laundry in Sanur. Most hotels provide their own laundry service, mostly with more expensive rates than local laundry rooms.
Almost every street corner has a laundry service.
- Cinta Alam Organic Laundry, Jl. Batur Sari 44 (the end of jl.Sekuta turn left 50 m left on side), ([email protected]). 8AM-6PM. High quality laundry service without the use of harmfull chemicals. You can choose an aromatherapy fragrance. No plastic wrappings are used. Pick up and delivery is on request and free in the Sanur area. Good for infants and people with sensitive skin. Rp 14,000/kg.
A day at any of the spas in Sanur is exactly what you would expect during your stay in Bali: full service treatment steeped in Balinese tradition. Take advantage of any opportunity to enjoy a spa during your stay, the cost here is at least half what you would pay in North America or Europe. All major hotels have in-house spa facilities and there are also several well established independents in Sanur.
- Puri Esthetic, Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai 209, ☎ +62 361 286542.
The more active could try one or more of the many watersports on offer at Sanur Beach. Try kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, surfing or paragliding. For those less active, hire a banana boat and hit the calm waters.
The surfing here is not great by Bali standards but there are reasonable breaks about 1km offshore during the northwest wind season (about October to March). In that period you will have no problem locating the breaks — just follow the locals. Boards can be rented on the beach for Rp 100,000.
- Bali Kite Surfing School, Mertasari, Sanur (at the beach close to Mertasari temple), ☎ +62 361 7899013, . IKO certified kite surfing school. The lessons are conducted in a safe, user-friendly environment and lessons can be structured to suit individual needs. The school uses three specially designed rescue boats to keep a close eye on you.
- Blue Oasis Beach Club, Sanur Beach (on the beach in front of the Sanur Beach Hotel), ☎ +62 361 288011, . A specialist water sports centre which offers sea-kayaking, kitesurfing, parasailing, wakeboarding, waterskiing and windsurfing, as well as being a dive school. A professionally run outfit.
There are countless shops along Jalan Danau Tamblingan and the side streets leading from it. You will find everything from local t-shirts to Balinese handicrafts.
- Hardy's Grosir, Jl Danua Tamblingan 193, ☎ +62 361 28191. 8AM-10:30PM daily. This is Sanur's main supermarket, and a good place for stocking up on regular items.
- Gudang Keramik, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ +62 361 289363. 10AM-8PM daily. This is the outlet for seconds of the famed Jengala Ceramics company (main showroom in Jimbaran). Their standards are very high and you may not notice why some of these items are classed as seconds. Some superb bargains to be had in everything from decorative vases to flatware.
- Nogo Bali Ikat Centre, Jl Danau Tamblingan 104, ☎ +62 361 288765 ([email protected]), . M-Sa 8:30AM-9PM, Su 9AM-8PM. Specialises in the very best quality woven ikat fabrics from Bali and elsewhere in Indonesia. If you are looking for cheapies, don't even think of going here. If you have an eye for quality though, this will be right up your alley. You can purchase fabric by the piece, made up as clothing or homewares, and examine their very impressive genuine antique collection.
At the northern end of Jalan Pungutan, just before it hits Jalan Danau Tamblingan, there is an art market, sometimes referred to as Sindhu Market. This is a one stop shop for all manner of Balinese handicrafts, sarongs, t-shirts and knock-offs such as sunglasses. A similar set up can be found at beachfront Art Market at the end of Jalan Hangtuah. Take the foot path leading north which weaves through a maze of stalls and the odd cafe.
For very cheap local food try the Night Market at the northern end of Jalan Danau Tamblingan where it meets Jalan Pungutan.
- Abian Boga Restaurant, Jl Kesuma Sari No 5, ☎ +62 361 284174. 10AM-10PM daily. Grilled seafood accompanied by a Balinese dance performance. Great service too with a local hotel pick up and drop off. Mains Rp 30,000-60,000.
- The Bali Pub, Jl Danau Tamblingan (just north of Hardys, opposite Circle K). Owned by a former Masterchef UK contestant. Serves Sunday roasts, steaks, western and Balinese dishes. Live music after 8PM.
- Cafe Batu Jimbar, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ☎ +62 361 287374, . Every Sanur expat's favourite cafe hang out. Good deli food and passable coffee. 8AM-10PM daily.
- Kayu Manis, Jl Danau Tamblingan (north end of Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ +62 361 289410. 11AM-10PM daily. Western and asian fusion cuisine at great value prices. A favourite with both travellers for the price and foodies for the quality of the meals. About Rp 40,000-70,000 per entree.
- Massimo, Jl Danau Tamblingan 228, ☎ +62 361 288942 ([email protected]), . 11AM-10PM daily. The superb home made gelato here is the ideal treat after a hot day wandering in Sanur. Also excellent pizzas and pastas at this authentic south Italian owned and run restaurant. About Rp 100,000 per head.
- Smorgås Café, Jl Danua Tamblingan/Pantai Karang II, ☎ +62 361 289361. Perhaps the best coffee shop in Sanur. Homemade sandwiches, pastry and quiche. Owned by Swedes and they make their own gravlax.
- Stiff Chilli, Jl Kesumasari 11, Semawang Beach (right on the beach at the end of Jl Kesumasari), ☎ +62 361 288371 ([email protected]), . 11AM-11PM daily. Beach-front restaurant from the Stiff Chilli chain. Mid-priced, mainly Italian food in a great location Most mains about Rp 50,000.
- Treo Beach Cafe, Mertasari Beach (100 metres from the Mercure Hotel on the beach), ☎ +62 361 9218588, . 9AM-8PM daily. Beautiful beach location and a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy your meal in the restaurant or on the outdoor tables on the beach. Tasty food and friendly staff. (-8.712S,115.2526E)
- The Village, Jl Danau Tamblingan 66, ☎ +62 361 285025. 11AM-10PM daily. Attached to the Griya Santrian Hotel, this is perhaps the best known upmarket eatery in Sanur. The food is slick Italian style and they do a reasonable job of creating a suitable atmosphere. Not a good as it was and certainly not cheap, but a decent option in a part of Bali not known for it high quality restaurants. Has an independent street front entrance, and you would not know it is attached to a hotel. Rp 70,000-200,000.
- Warung Blanjong, Jl Danau Poso 78, ☎ +62 361 285613. 11AM-9PM daily. One of the best budget places to eat in Sanur. The food is Balinese, and they are especially well known for their pepes be pashi (steamed fish wrapped in banana leaves). Very much worth a visit to taste authentic Balinese food. Rp 15,000-30,000.
- Fortune Cookie, Jl Sudamala 5 (bet. Danau poso & Mertasari), ☎ 0361-283-342, . 11-11pm. Healthy western-style Chinese Restaurant, no MSG, organic ingredients, they also have free delivery in Sanur. Popular with expats.
- Mila's Warung, Jl Batur Sari 70 (near the intersection with Jl. Betngandang 1), ☎ 62 857-39144772, . 12:00 PM – 9:30 PM Monday-Saturday. Owner and chef Mila creates back-to-roots Central Javanese soul food with sutble and complex flavors using ingredients sourced from villages close to her childhood home. Mila's Warung is a vegetarian friendly restaurant, with a wide selection of vegan renditions of Central Javanese dishes. Rp 20,000-40,000.
- Cafe Locca, Jl.Sudamala8, ☎ 0361283910, . 11.00-00.00. Perfect yummy Burger and other fast food meals with soft drink/juice or cold beer. Plenty of other meaty meals such as grill chicken ,bacon or kebabs. Open till midnight for lunch or quick snack after party.Eat in or call for free delvery. 20.000-45.0000. (-8.704063,115.256088)
There are lots of bars along Jalan Danau Tamblingan.
- Arena Sports Cafe, Jl ByPass Ngurah Rai 115, ☎ +62 361 287255 (arena[email protected]). 10AM-11PM. Austrian owned and run sports bar and cafe. The beer is very cold, reasonably priced and this place is always busy.
- Isola Bar and Restaurant, Jl Danau Tamblingan 29 (on the beachfront near the La Taverna Hotel), ☎ (361) 289310, . 8AM-10PM. An elegant open air beachfront restaurant serving excellent Italian, International and Indonesian food throughout the day, in one of the best settings in Sanur. Very good live Jazz by the beach every Thursday and Saturday evening.
- Lazer Sports Bar, Jl Danau Tamblingan. Noon-11PM. Shows all the English football, has friendly staff and also serves food.
- Maya's Coffee & Smoothie Bar, Jl. Pantai Sindhu (100-150m from the beach and Inna Sindhu Beach hotel.), ☎ +62 361 283889 ([email protected]), . 8AM-7PM. Small coffee and smoothie bar serving Italian coffees, smoothies and fresh juices combined with a breakfast menu, lighter snacks, bakeries and pastries. Free Internet and WIFI for customers.
- Manic Organic, JL Danau Tamblingan. Excellent raw juices and smoothies- organic full menu available as well. They also have yoga upstairs daily.
- Angel's Bar, Jalan Danau Poso 53.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
|| Under US$ 25
|| US$ 25 to 95
|| Over US$ 95
Most of Sanur's accommodation is in the medium and high sector of the market and is aimed at families.
- Flashbacks, Jl Danau Tamblingan, ([email protected]), . Good, clean budget accomodation in a convenient location. Has a cafe which is open 7AM to 11 PM. Airport pickup offered. from Rp 185,000.
- Kesumasari Guest House, Jl Pantai Kesumasari, Semawang, ☎ +62.361.3610840 ([email protected]), . Situated right on the beach with a spacious and well kept tropical garden. From about Rp 275,000.
- Mango Guesthouse, Jl Danau Tamblingan, . Long establisehd and well known budget accomodation at the northern end of Sanur's main street Rp 250,000.
- Prima Cottage, Jl Bumi Ayu 23 (close to Jl.Tamblingan,10 min walk to beach), ☎ +62 361286369 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12.00. Price includes wireless internet access and breakfast. The complex, which consists of regular hotel rooms and cottages, has a nice pool. 350.000(room,ac,tv,fridge)-450.000(cottage).
- Cafe Locca Hostel ([email protected]), Jl.Sudamala 8 (between Jl.Danau Posso and Jl.Cemara turistic promenade, 7 min walk to beach), ☎ +62 361 283910, . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12.00. Clean new renovated rooms,mixed dorm , private double/twin bed room with minibar, free wi-fi internet broadband. Massive swimming pool.Spacious garden, public cable Tv+DvD, kitchen with fridge and cooker, housekeeping daily, towels, toiletries and bedlinen provided. Rp100.000(ac bed)-250.000(private double ac,fridge). (-8.704063,)
- Ratna Beach Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu, Sanur Bali, ☎ +62.361.8070181 ([email protected]), . Price includes Taxes and breakfast. The complex, which consists of regular hotel rooms has a nice pool and very close to the beach. From about Rp 350,000.
- Ananda Beach Hotel, Jl Hangtuah, ☎ +62 813 37536464 ([email protected]), . Good, clean budget accomodation located at Sanur Beach, about 100 meters from the Grand Bali Beach Hotel and close to the boat boarding point for Nusa Lembongan. Airport pickup offered. From Rp 300,000.
- Baruna Hotel, Segara Ayu Sreet No. 3, ☎ +62 361 288 414 ([email protected]), . checkout: 12:00. Cozy framed complex with budget villas. Lots of details that capture your eyes. Very friendly staff, goes well beyond the call of duty. Rooms have hot water, AC, fridge. Breakfast included. Decent sized pool. Free wifi. Small library with english, dutch, german and swedish litterature. Highly recommended for families aswell as the lonely traveller. 200 meters from the beach, 200 meters from shopping street. From Rp 200,000.
- Batu Jimbar Apartments, Jalan Danau Tamblingan 87, ☎ +62 361 282697 ([email protected]), . A small service apartment complex with holidays lettings on a weekly basis. All studios and apartments have their own kichenette and private balcony. From US$280 per week.
- Gazebo Beach Hotel, Jl.Danau Tamblingan No.35, ☎ +62.361.3610840 ([email protected]), . A not-very-big beachfront hotel. From US$75.
- Natah Bale Villas, Jl Cemara, ☎ +62 813 37536464, . Each tradtional Balinese inspired villa in the compound features its own private entrance and open air living room, dining room as well as a fully equipped kitchen. From US$95.
- Peneeda View Beach Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan 89 Sanur, ☎ +62 361 8070181 ([email protected]), . A quiet, good value. A bungalow style hotel committed to quality, Located nearest to the beach. From US$60.
- Pondok Ayu Hotel, Sanur, ☎ +61 2 9533 5851 ([email protected]), . Small boutique hotel with personalised service. Includes a restaurant (Benno's) and a pool. Very quiet, suitable for families. US$70-90. (-8.693553,115.259639)
- Sativa Sanur, Jl Cemara, ☎ +62 361 287881 ([email protected]), . Situated in between the beach and the main road, two levels of standard rooms are arranged around lush gardens and a swimming pool. The hotel is quiet, clean and has fine service in addition to a pleasant morning breakfast. US$60-90.
- Sekuta Condo Suites, Jl Sekuta No12, ☎ +62 361 287727 ([email protected]), . Each suite has its own living and dining room and fully-equipped kitchen. Facilities include The Cavern Bar, featuring Beatles memorabilia and a large swimming pool. From US$50.
- Bambu Villa Sanur, Jl Kesari, ☎ +62 361 283 910 ([email protected]), . Great for relax 2 bedroom villa with your own swimming pool ,set in beautiful garden,close to beach and Sanur center from US$ 90.
- Vila Shanti Beach Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan/Jl Pantai Karang, ☎ +62 361 8528521, . On Sanur Beach. Restaurant, 24 hr room service, pool, laundry and safe deposit boxes. Please note that this is not a villa despite the name. From US$51.
- Zen Villas, Jalan Kesari II No3b. This is a medium standard private villa rental complex in a good Sanur location not far from the Bali Hyatt. Managed by an Indonesian-Dutch couple. From US$164.
- Arimbi villa sanur, Jl Pengembak 14, ☎ +62 361 289091 ([email protected]), . luxury colonial villa for lovers of tropical garden and balinese architecture from US$ 700.
Jl. Hang Tuah 23
Website : http://www.puridalemhotelbali.com
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +62 361 288421, Facsimile : +62 361 289009
Very strategic point of journey for Bali’s exploring, Puri Dalem Hotel is one of sanur resort hotel that offers Balinese bungalow decorated with tastefully furnished of traditional Bali architecture, which is accessible to International Airport, five minutes driving to the capital city.
• Two swimming pools
• Meeting and banquet facilities • Bar & restaurant • Laundry service • 18 hrs room service • Safety deposit box
• 24 hrs Doctor on call • FREE WIFI internet connection • Traditional massage service • Drug store • Postal service
• Money exchange • Photograph service • Free airport transfer services for staying a week or more
• Tours arrangement • Shuttle service to the beach to our sister hotel and using the facilities
• Free parking area
- Villa Sanur Listing, 35b Jalan Pagoda, Bali, Indonesia (Jl. Pagoda 3rd Floor), ☎ +62 81 239 957 142 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 1200. A wide variety of choice for Villas in Sanur - from mid range to luxury. from USD125 per night.
- Hotel Puri Tempo Doeloe, Jl. ByPass Ngurah Rai 209 Sanur, Bali, ☎ +62 361 286542 ([email protected], fax: +62 361 285085), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Hotel Puri Tempo Doloe is a colourful interpretation of a charming Indonesian village that artfully blends modern and traditional elements with the unique ambience of Bali. Despite its old-fashioned appearance, the hotel acknowledges present day needs with a fine selection of modern services and facilities. From US$80.
- Bali Hyatt, (Jl Danau Tamblingan), ☎ +62 361 28 1234 ([email protected]), . Enormous hotel with perhaps the best beachfront location in all of Sanur. Has 5 restaurants, 5 bars, huge gardens and a village style spa. Quite wonderful mature grounds with some of the most stunning old trees you will see anywhere in Bali. From US$130.
- the gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, Jalan Tirta Akasa no. 28, ☎ +62 361 270 260 ([email protected]), . 11 contemporary villas with private pool, fully-equipped gourmet kitchen and 24-hours butler service.
- Hotel La Taverna, Jl Tamblingan 29, ☎ +62 361 288497 ([email protected]), . This classic beachfront hotel retains an old world charm that takes one back to the days when Sanur was Bali's only resort for the haute boheme. Rooms are simple but nevertheless charming and very reasonable for an hotel of its stature. Gardens pool and beachfront setting are amongst the best in Sanur. Good restaurant. From US$80.
- Mahagiri Villas Sanur, Jalan Pungutan 31, ☎ +62 361 283939 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Noon. Located near Sindhu Beach consisting of 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom private villas. All are air-conditioned and have private swimming pool, kitchen and living room from US$475. (-8.688848,115.260869)
- Villa Mahapala, Jl Pantai Sindhu, ☎ +62 361 286222 ([email protected]), . Twenty luxurious private villas each with their own plunge pools, massage bale and outdoor shower. The resort also has its own French fusion restaurant, a bar and full service spa. From US$325.
- Mercure Resort Sanur, Jl Mertasari, . Large resort on the beach towards the southern end of Sanur. Has 186 guest rooms, large beachfront restaurant, 3 bars and huge pool. "From.
- Parigata Resort and Spa, Jl Danau Tamblingan 87, ☎ +62 361 286286 ([email protected]), . A quiet, good value resort just off the main street. High quality in-house spa plus restaurant, bar and pool area. The same group also has an impressive complex of private villas in southern Sanur. From US$100.
- Puri Santrian, Jl Cemara 35, ([email protected]), . Beach front hotel in the quiet southern part of Sanur. Two pools, beach club and good dining facilities. Choose of regular rooms in the garden block, individual bungalows and some very smart suites. A notably good hotel for the price. From US$95.
- Sanur Paradise Plaza (formerly The Radisson Plaza Hotel), Jl Hang Tuah 46, ☎ +62 361 281781 ([email protected]), . Large hotel with numerous facilities including kid's club, in-house spa, fitness centre, restaurant and bars. Good convenient location with easy beach access. Has a nearby sister property which is all suites and apartments. Good family option. From US$95.
- Sanur Residence, . Three 3-bedroom villas located on the beach forming a 9 bedroom estate located in Padang Galak, about 5 minutes north of Sanur. The villas were built for a large family and are normally rented in a block of at least 6 bedrooms thus giving exclusive use of the entire estate along with its private swimming pool. Fully staffed with cooks, maids, gardeners etc. From US$180.
- Segara Village Hotel, Jl Segara Ayu, ☎ +62 361 288407 ([email protected]), . A sprawling, newly refurbished 6-hectare resort complex featuring five distinct traditional Balinese villages. Offers 120 newly renovated rooms with balcony, private toilet and bath and other amenities. Leisure offerings include three swimming pools, tennis courts and massage services. From US$ 110.
- Stana Puri Gopa Hotel, Jl Kesumasari No 4, ☎ +62 361 289948 ([email protected]), . These traditional-style Balinese villas are hidden within a lush tropical garden. Offers private pool villas, restaurant, watersports activities, spa and modern meeting room facilities. Walking distance to the beach
There are numerous internet cafes on Jalan Danau Tamblingan as well as cafes offering free wireless internet for customers.
- Sanur Internet Service, Jl Danau Tamblingan 27 (next to Circle K), ☎ +62 361 289 331, . A very comfortable and speedy internet cafe. Fully air conditioned, 2 seater sofa and equipped with 17 inch LCD monitors, head sets, scanner & printer. Free flow mineral water and helpful staff. Rp 400/min.
- Sanur is a good jumping off point for the nearby island of Nusa Lembongan.
- If you are heading back to the southern tourist hotspots of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, this will take about 20 minutes by car. Ubud is about 25 minutes in the opposite direction.
|This is a guide article. It has a variety of good, quality information including hotels, restaurants, attractions, arrival and departure info. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!