Santa Margherita Ligure is a city in Liguria.
In the heart of the Italian Riviera, capital of the gulf, Golfo del Tigullio, Santa Margherita Ligure is a delightful little sea-side city of Liguria.
- The airport of Genova "Cristoforo Colombo" is 42 kilometers from the city. Take the "Volabus" shuttle bus for the Principe railway station in Genoa and from here continue by train to Santa Margherita Ligure (line for Genoa – La Spezia).
- The railway station S. Margherita Ligure-Portofino is in the town. A train to Genoa takes around 45 minutes and costs around 3 euros.
- From all directions, take Autostrada A12 (Genova – La Spezia) and follow the signs for Rapallo. Exit at the Rapallo tollbooth and follow the signs for Santa Margherita Ligure.
- Visiting cruise ships moor or station-keep off-shore. Their tenders usually deliver passengers to docks virtually downtown.
It is very easy to get around Santa Margherita by foot. There is a charming seaside promenade to stroll. There is a bus service that goes along the sea road that can take you to either Portifino or Rappallo. There is also a boat service that can take you to either one of those towns.
- Hotel Lido Palace - Viale A. Doria, 3, 16038, Tel. +39 0185.285821 - Fax +39 0185.284708, .