Santa Fe de Antioquia is a town in Antioquia.
Located near the Cauca river about 50 miles northwest of Medellín. Its weather is hot year round, perfect for holidays or day trips. Santa Fe de Antioquia was founded in 1541 and many houses and churches are over 250 years old, making it the most well preserved colonial town in this part of the country. It was the capital of the Antioquia Department from 1813 until 1826, when Medellín was chosen as the new departmental seat.
Its name is commonly shortened to Antioquia by people from the region, it makes for a big confusion since it is the same name of the department (Think New York city and New York state).
From Medellín North Bus Terminal  take a bus for a 90 minute to 2-hour ride.
- COOTRANSUROCCIDENTE Ticket booth 34, phone +574 2309033.
- SOTRAURABÁ Ticket booth 19, 25, and 13 (Express) Phone +574 2309296.
- TRANSPORTES GÓMEZ HERNÁNDEZ Ticket booth 26 +574 2309551.
The opening in 2006 of the Túnel de Occidente (Tunnel of the West, with almost 5 km is the largest for cars in South America), reduced the time and distance between the locality and Medellín. It shortened by 40 minutes the trip and new visitors arrive each weekend to explore and experience what was like to live life in Colonial town.
There is no airport in town. It is no possible to arrive into Santa Fe by boat.
- Puente de Occidente or Bridge of the West over the Cauca river (a National Monument). Located 20 min away by car. You can also take a mototaxi. 15,000 round trip price, and the driver will wait 20-30 minutes for you at the bridge. Have your hotel call the taxi, or you can easily find one in the plaza.
- Plaza Mayor Juan de Corral .
- La Casa de las 2 Palmas The House of the Two Palms.
- Cinema: There are two annual moving image festivals in town: The Festival de Cine Colombiano during July/August and the Festival de Cine y Video each December.
- Hostal Casa de Verano, Cra. 5 No. 9-121 (Barrio Santa Lucia), ☎ 803 20 05, . Backyard terasse with pool and canopy for chilling, yoga, beers, etc. Very quiet. Close to town center 60.000.
- Hostel Plaza Mayor, Plaza Mayor. A very pleasant courtyard, and the hostel is popular and often booked out.
- Hotel Pueblito, Cra. 10 No. 11-42 (Dufary Elena Rua Arias), ☎ 853 25 35. Great hotel near Plaza Mayor, free bottled drinking water, $2-3 overnight garage parking for motorcycles and very quiet. 60.000.