Sandnessjøen is situated in the Helgeland region in Nothern Norway. The 4.0-square-kilometre (990-acre) town has a population (2013) of 5,930.
Aproximately 10 km south of Sandnessjøen you'll find Sandnessjøen airport, Stokka. The airport is served by Widerøe with Dash 8 aircraft connecting the community to Bodø, Trondheim and Oslo, and have stopovers in Brønnøysund, Mo i Rana and Mosjøen. Helgeland Transport Service operates the airport bus.
There is an express boat service from Bodø every day. In addition, the coastal steamer Hurtigruten arrives at 03:45 AM (northbound) and 12:30 PM (southbound) every day.
There are daily busses to and from the towns of Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Brønnøysund.
It is easy to get around in Sandnessjøen. Everything is in walking distance.
There is also the city bus which has 15 daily roundtrips from the bus terminal to the borough of Ura on weekdays and six roundtrips on Saturdays. No trips on Sundays. The bus follows the Novikveien road with a stopover at the shopping center De Syv Søstre on fylkesvei 17 before returning to Novikveien again.
- Hiking: De Syv Søstre (the seven sisters) mountain range. Free. edit Being one of Helgelands most popular natural attractions, the seven sisters mountain range offer spectacular views. Marked trails lead to each peak and between them.
- Rica Hotel Syv Søstre, Torolv Kveldulvsongate 16, 8800 Sandnessjøen, ☎ (+47) 75 06 50 00 ([email protected], fax: (+47) 75 06 50 01), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Before 12PM. edit
- Clarion Collection Hotel Kysten, Havnegata 4, 8800 Sandnessjøen, ☎ (+47) 40 00 00 91 ([email protected]), . edit
- Napoli Restaurant og motel, Øyvind Lambes vei 44, 8800 Sandnessjøen, ☎ (+47) 75 06 40 80 ([email protected], fax: (+47) 75 06 40 81), . From 750 NOK. edit
- Sandnessjøen overnatting, Håreks gate 15, 8800 Sandnessjøen, ☎ (+47) 469 04 743 (call between 08AM - 11PM) ([email protected]), . From 495 NOK. edit
- In addition there are many camping facilites.