Sandnes is a town in Rogaland. Sandnes is part of the flat geographical area Jæren that goes from Brusand in the south to Randaberg in the North. The village of Hommersåk is covered separately.
Sandnes train-station is located on the Jærbanen railroad . Both local and express trains stop at Sandnes.
Bus no 9 goes from Sola Airport Stavanger to Sandnes.
There are buses going inside and outside of the county limits. Local buses are all organized by the Kolumbus organization.
All of downtown are within walking distance. Bicycles can be borrowed for free at the bus terminal during office hours. The local government has invested heavily in bike paths -these are usually paved with a red material and can either be right next to the pedestrians' pavement or on the opposite side of the road.
All the local taxis use the meter. It may be slightly cheaper to show up at the bus terminal to get one than to call them and have them shop up at the hotel that may be meters away.
All new commercial buildings have to be wheelchair accessible.
- Vitenfabrikken [the Science Factory], Storgaten, Sandnes, . Did you know that one of the world's leading mathematicians was born not far from Sandnes? Visit us at «Vitenfabrikken» and explore Abel's sketchbook. How many meters of DNA does your body contain? How long can you keep your balance on the skateboard? What is 101 in the decimal system? How heavy is your brain? Can you relax more than the person next to you? Perhaps you'll be invited on a guided tour through the planetarium to take a closer look at Orion, Pegasus and the other constellations. You can also learn more about Leonardo da Vinci and his inventions! And don't miss the exhibitions of the town history of Sandnes at Solaveien 10! This is a very boring museum!! Maybe it is an ok museum for children...
- Kvadrat, . mall is one of the largest in Europe.
- Sandnes Sentrum, .
Sandnes has several restaurants with both local and international cuisine.
- Gamlaverket,  prides themselves on serving traditional local food in historical surroundings.
- Charles & De, Langgaten 41, 4306 Sandnes, . Run by Charles Tjessem that is a born competitor and has participated in the norwegian culinary team since 1997, becoming its captain from 2001 to 2004. He has been acclaimed at many international competitions, in both individual and team events. After having directed the Culinary Institute of Norway, Charles Tjessem, was able to practice the cuisine he likes for Statoil, an oil company, which entrusted the catering of its reception facilities to him. Nowadays, however, he is really happy with his own restaurant, tavern, café, bakery and delicatessen: Charles & De!
- Asia News in Langgata 25 serves both Chinese and Vietnamese food, and makes good vegetarian dishes.
Sandnes has several hotels, inns and a camping/caravan site.
- Kongeparken family theme-park close to Ålgård