San Clemente is a city in at the beach in Orange County in Southern California.
- San Clemente is located about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego of Interstate 5, which has 7 exits in the city.
- The nearest airport is John Wayne Airport, 25 miles north of San Clemente. Further airports include LAX and San Diego International.
The San Clemente Pier
The beach is the largest attraction in San Clemente. If you're artsy, there's usually a good exhibit going on at the Casa Romantica, former home of San Clemente founder Ole Hanson. Local teens tend to venture north to the Kaleidoscope or the Irvine Spectrum for entertainment, but the local movie theater, the Krikorian, is relatively cheap and well-run.
Avenida Del Mar street is the heart of Village San Clemente. There are a lot of charming shops, cafés, and restaurants on this historic stretch.
If you are looking to bring something for the kids, just stop in Petit Bonhomme. They have reasonable prices and they carry from infants up to size 16 for both boys and girls. If you are looking for a souvenir, they have adult and matching kid button up shirts boy the men and dresses for girls with all the local cities from San Clemente to Laguna Beach. For the older kids, there is Killer Dana for the sporty beachy wear and lots of cute stuff for the ladies at shops like Rascal's,Angel Wings and Bliss which is more upscale. There are a lot of stores with fun home décor items like Christopher Lee Ltd. They carry beautiful items. Visit Russel’s Stationary for your souvenirs like shells and shirts and lots of other items. There are a lot of cute antique stores up and down Del Mar that you should at least poke into.
They even have ice cream and sandwiches.
Right next door is Auntie Dee’s Jerky Store. They have all sorts of goodies including vegan beef jerky.
There are a variety of local restaurants that are fairly priced and simply delicious.
- La Cocina de Ricardo's -- For true Mexican food.
- The Beach Garden Cafe -- Great breakfast and lunch place across from the pier
- Antonio's -- Great breakfasts on Camino Real in the heart of the village.
- The Fisherman -- For good seafood in the best location in town on the pier. Expect a bit of a wait in summer.
- Enne Cucina Italiana -- For the best Italian food in south Orange County, in Talega's Shopping Center.
- Iva Lee's -- For San Clemente's take on Cajun cuisine, El Camino Real just north of Palizada.
- Tina & Vince's -- Italian deli with great pizza and homemade specialties, on Del Mar.
- Pedro's -- For the best burritos in town, on Camino Real.
- La Siesta, El Camino Real
- Mongkut Thai, Avenida Del Mar
- Del Mar Sushi, Avenida Del Mar
- Sonny’s Pizza, Corner of Palizada and El Camino Real.
- Carbonara’s Trattoria, Avenida Del Mar -- Warm friendly service, great food and family atmosphere makes it a San Clemente locals' favorite for Italian food.
- Gordon James, El Camino Real -- Upscale steakhouse with a full bar and live music.
- Schmid's Fine Chocolates Avenida Del Mar -- For dessert, chocolate dipped strawberries or a special treat.
- The Vine, El Camino Real.
Molly Blooms Irish Bar,
Oles Tavern (sports bar),
The Cellar (wine bar)
- Best Western Casablanca Inn, 1601 N El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-1644 (fax: +1 949 361-3825), .
- Comfort Suites, 3701 S. El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-6600, .
- Country Plaza Inn, 35 Via Pico Plaza,, ☎ +1 800 874-0860 ([email protected], fax: +1 949 498-4840), .
- Days Inn, 1301 North El Camino Real, +1 949-361-0636, .
- Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, 2481 S.El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672, ☎ +1 800-308-5306 (fax: +1 949 366-1030), . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 11:00AM.
- Holiday Inn, 111 S. Ave. De La Estrella, ☎ +1 949 361-3000, .
- Casa Tropicana Boutique Beach Front Inn, 610 Avenida Victoria, at the pier (Avenida Del Mar to the pier), ☎ (800)492-1245, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11:30AM. Overlooking the sun-drenched sands of the dazzling Southern California Coast, Casa Tropicana invites you to experience a one-of-a-kind space that partners gracious scope and exceptional comfort with accommodating details and design. Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor, thoughtful amenities and at the pier, beach and sand in San Clemente, Orange County, CA. Casa Tropicana…not just a San Clemente address, a California state of mind. Voted “Best of Orange County“-O.C. Register "Best of San Clemente" People's Choice, SC Times, Gold Medal Winner "Stylish, Beach-Inspired"-Sunset Magazine $225.-$475..
|Routes through San Clemente