| || |
San Clemente is located about halfway between [[Los Angeles]] and [[San Diego]] of '''Interstate 5''', which has 6 exits in the city.
San Clemente is located about halfway between [[Los Angeles]] and [[San Diego]] of '''Interstate 5''', which has 6 exits in the city
| || |
Revision as of 17:59, 28 October 2008
San Clemente is a city in at the beach in Orange County in Southern California.
- San Clemente is located about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego of Interstate 5, which has 6 exits in the city.
- The nearest airport is John Wayne Airport, 25 miles north of San Clemente. Further airports include LAX and San Diego International.
The San Clemente Pier
Del Mar street is the heart of San Clemente. There are a lot of cute shops, cafés, and restaurants on this strip. If you are looking to bring something for the kids, just stop in Petit Bonhomme. They have reasonable prices and they carry from infants up to size 16 for both boys and girls. If you are looking for a souvenir, they have adult and matching kid button up shirts boy the men and dresses for girls with all the local cities from San Clemente to Laguna Beach. For the older kids, there is Killer Dana for the sporty beachy wear and lots of cute stuff for the ladies at shops like Rascal's,Angel Wings and Bliss which is more upscale. There are a lot of stores with fun home décor items like Christopher Lee Ltd. They carry beautiful items. Visit Russel’s Stationary for your souvenirs like shells and shirts and lots of other items. There are a lot of cute antique stores up and down Del Mar that you should at least poke into.
If you just need something on the go and can’t get to the grocery store, Del Mar Ranch has all the basics from candy to bread to fruits/veggies and liquor.
If you need to get on the internet, there is a cute place called @ Le Café.com, where you can log on for a fee and grab a coffee or latte. They even have ice cream and sandwiches.
Right next door is Auntie Dee’s Jerky Store. The have all sorts of goodies including vegan beef jerky.
There are a variety of local restaurants that are fairly priced and simply delicious.
- La Cocina de Ricardo's For true Mexican food.
- La Siesta, El Camino Real.
- Mongkut Thai, Del Mar Street.
- The Cabrillo Bakery, Del Mar Street. A recently opened bakery and café with super friendly service and delectable bread.
- Del Mar Sushi, Del Mar Street.
- Sonny’s Pizza, Corner of Palizada and El Camino Real.
- Carbonarra’s, Del Mar Street.
- Gordon James, Del Mar Street. A more upscale restaurant like a steakhouse with a full bar.
- Schmid's Fine Chocolates For dessert or a treat.
- Best Western Casablanca Inn, 1601 N El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-1644 (fax: +1 949 361-3825), .
- Comfort Suites, 3701 S. El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-6600, .
- Country Plaza Inn, 35 Via Pico Plaza,, ☎ +1 800 874-0860 ([email protected], fax: +1 949 498-4840), .
- Days Inn, 1301 North El Camino Real, +1 949-361-0636, .
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 2481 S.El Camino Real,, ☎ +1 800-308-5306 (fax: +1 949 366-1030), .
- Holiday Inn, 111 S. Ave. De La Estrella, ☎ +1 949 361-3000, .