Samarinda is the capital of East Kalimantan, on the eastern part of the island of Borneo, 60km from the Makassar Strait.
From Balikpapan there are many buses. It takes 2 hours and it costs 21.000 rupiahs. Alternately a bus from the airport directly to Samarinda will cost 350.000 rupiahs.
Get around Samarinda City
- EOF TOUR & TRAVEL Jalan NILAM No.33B Samarinda, +62541200390, Website > http://eoftravel.tenagatehnik.com eMail : [email protected] , Kalimantan The Passion For Adventure Travelers. | BISNIS TIKET PESAWAT | BISNIS TIKET PESAWAT TERPERCAYA | BUKAN BISNIS TIKET PESAWAT PENIPUAN | PELUANG USAHA BISNIS RUMAHAN |
- KULINER SAMARINDA PUSAT KELOLA SITUS KULINER SAMARINDA, Jalan NILAM No.33B Samarinda, +62541200390, Website > http://kulinersamarinda.tenagatehnik.com eMail : [email protected] , Kuliner Samarinda is The Passion For Adventure Tourism Travelers. | WISATA KULINER SAMARINDA | KULINER MURAH MERIAH | KULINER TERKENAL DI SAMARINDA | WISATA KULINER | KULINER TOURISM | KATALOG KULINER SAMARINDA |
There many things you can see around Samarinda
- traditional market of produck economy
- segiri market
- pasar pagi
- citra niaga shoping centre trade
- baka village weaving sarung
- samarinda centre produk
- baka village (other side mahakam river)
do any less in samarinda if you stay long
just mahakam river vew bank river
islamick centre visit
market and other facilitas mall shoping centre and make and join karoke nd do what your hoby
by other food and traditional food in market
or amplang in surianata next of islamick centre
- Pisang Gapit.
- Amplang Indah Sari (Amplang Indah Sari), Jl. Slamet Riyadi No 18 RT 15, ☎ +62 852 5054 1965, . Local food with delicious taste. Made from special ingridients and local fish.
- tourist information art culture service, sudirman no 22 samarinda, ☎ 0542 736850. if you would get information all your trip get to tourist office
There are many cheaper hotels in Samarinda
- Hotel Gelora, Jl Niaga Selat 62 (on Citra Niaga market), ☎ +62 541 742 024 ([email protected]). Tatty and needs a coat of paint all over, but quietish rooms, some with refurbished bath rooms incl. western toilet. Ignore the standard room class, they're grim - go for the deluxe option which costs just a little more. Surprisingly good breakfast, friendly staff. WiFi in the lobby/breakfast area. From 121kRp.
- Hidaya I
- Hidaya II
- Mutiara In (behind of Mall Mesra Indah)
Getting out Samarinda is, given the region, easy.
There are buses to Balikpapan (from 21kRp), Sengatta, and Berau.
For buses to Balikpapan it is worth noting, that they leave only when sufficiently full and stop-and-go along the main road until that is achieved - one can thus save a complete trip to the bus terminal by hopping on; taxi/angkot drivers should be able to point out such buses along the way.
Buses to Berau do not seem to exist any longer, probably due to the terrible road conditions. They are replaced by shared taxis (not a tourist-only affair), which take 14-16hrs, though to 24hrs is not unknown in rainy conditions, 250-300kRp per person.
flight to airport temindung by call start or susy air
by private boath from samarinda to pare pare