Earth : North America : United States of America : Mid-Atlantic : Maryland : Eastern Shore (Maryland) : Salisbury (Maryland)
Salisbury is the largest city on the Eastern Shore (Maryland).
Salisbury is about a 2 hour drive from the Baltimore (BWI) airport or about 3 hours from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD). It is a pretty drive that passes over the Chesapeake Bay on the Bay Bridge. There is also a small airport in Salisbury (SBY), which is serviced by US Airways.
- Salisbury MD Zoo, 755 South Park Drive, 410-548-3188, . Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Free.
- Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, 909 South Schumaker Drive, 410-742-4988, . Daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Houses the the world's largest collection of wildfowl carvings.
- The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd., 410-548-1600. Large mall with Macy's and many other stores.
- Old Navy, 2645 N Salisbury Blvd., 410-548-1829.
- The Country Store on Main Street is huge and advertises itself as the Largest Country Store in the East. Huge array of Vera Bradley bags and accessories.
- Market Street Inn, 130 West Market St., 410-742-4145, . Excellent food including seafood and steaks; the Portuguese Bishop Rolls served with a variety of oils and vinegars are not to be missed; good wine list. Moderate to expensive.
- Zia's Italian Grille, 2408 N Salisbury Blvd., 410-543-9118; Pasta and seafood. Moderate (Closed as of January 2013).
- Best Western, 1735 N Salisbury Boulevard, 410-546-1300.
- Courtyard Marriott, 128 Troopers Way, 410-742-4405, . Located off the Route 13 bypass, convenient to many shopping and dining choices.
- Ramada Inn and Conference Center, 300 S. Salisbury Blvd., 410-546-4400. .
Salisbury is a quick 40 minute drive to the Atlantic Coast. Ocean City is a popular nearby destination.
|Routes through Salisbury|
|Dover ← Laurel ←||N S||→ Princess Anne → Norfolk |
|Annapolis ← Cambridge ←||W E||→ Pittsville → Ocean City|
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!|