Sakleshpur is a town in Karnataka.
It is 230km from Bangalore,125km from Mangalore. It is located at 45km from Belur and Halebid are famous for magnificent Hoysala Temple Complex. Halebid is 17 km apart, but they have always been referred to in one breath, as belonging together. Yet, upon visiting them, the tourist realizes that the two, though built by the same school (Jakkanna Achari is credited as the architect), are quite different in appearance. Sravanabelagola is the other famous Jain piligrimage spot.
- Kukke Subrahmanya Temple.
Trekking:Various short & long treks make this a trekkers favorite.The most famous being 'The Green Route Trek" on railway tracks traversing high bridges & numerous tunnels.
There are various companies in Bangalore who conduct these treks. One needs to take permission from forest department prior to this trek. Also there are good home stays where you can stay during this trek.
Trek: Sakaleshpur (starting near Donigal Station) to Yedakumeri Station (20km).
Once on the tracks, after the Highway-bridge over the tracks near Donigal, There are only 2 access points to the Highway One, 4km trek thru' jeep tracks from the Base Camp of the workers, just before the First Tunnel which is at 55th km-mark (the trek starts near 48th km.) The Next access to highway is a 5km trek down the jungle-slopes behind Yedakumeri Station. Have to cross a shallow river next to the Ghat-highway, with rocky, slippery riverbed. This trek is part of 147 km meter gauge rail track from Sakleshpur to Mangalore (Kankanadi).
- Bisle forest, (Bisle forest is about 45 km from sakleshpur town.). Bisle forest is one of the biodiverse hot spots of the planet.home to varied flora & fauna, the view from viewpoint is truly spectacular. The best time to visit bisle forest is during rainy season or soonafter.
Coffee powder,spices like cardamom,cinnamon,cashew & pepper.
Akki rotti & Chicken,pork curry is the speciality of the region.
Homestays are popular here. Mookanana Resort is one of the home-stays present in the sakleshpur region to stay.
- swastha homestay, byakaravalli estate, near sukhravar santhe. (It is situated about 15 km from sakleshpur town.), ☎ +919448957177. Swastha homestay is situated in a beautiful coffee estate , originally built by a British.guests can make this a base to explore the famous Belur & Halebid temples.visit to Bible forest one of the biodiverse hotspot of the world, is enchanting. Another high light is the homemade local delicacies, all mouthwatering makes your stay truly a memorable one.
- Mekanagadde Homestay (Mekanagadde Homestay), Mekanagadde (Sakleshpur-). Hanbal->Devaladakere->Mekanagadde" phone="9241222504" url="https://www.mekanagadde.com/" checkin="11:00 am" checkout="11:00 am" price="2000" lat="12.989943" long="75.617330"> Mekanagadde Homestay located on the borders of two beautiful hill stations Chikmagalur and Sakleshpur, where the marvelous Western Ghats run. The homestay is rich in heritage with generations of families who have lived and made it their homes. The homestay is amidst vast stretch of greenery, has comfortable and cozy homes to spend your vacation time. This is an important place because three districts from Chikmagalur, Sakleshpur, and Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) borders meet here.
- Mookanana Resort (Sakleshpur Resorts), Hongadahalla Hettur Hobli, Sakaleshpur Taluk, Hassan Dist, Karnataka - 573134, ☎ +918762766301, . checkin: 11:00 am; checkout: 11:00 am. You can relax in the beautiful swimming pool, unwind and pursue your interests with the gracious hospitality of Mookanana Resort. It is a very chilled and relaxing place with the maximum number of people staying here. This Homestay & Resort welcomes with the Infinity Pool for adults & children ranging in age from 10 to 18 years, who would like to learn, develop healthy lifestyles, be outdoors and socialize with people of different backgrounds. It is a perfect place for you to unwind with your office teammates, friends and family while sharing a cottages & villa with a personal friend or your best childhood friend. https://mookanana.com 3000. (12.780958,75.708032)
Trains & Buses are available to Bangalore, Mangalore, Mysore & Hassan