On the west zone of the city, the region of Butantã, Morumbi and Vila Andrade has one of the largest concentrations of museums in São Paulo (city), due to the city campus of University of São Paulo. Countless gardens and parks make the neighboorhoods in this regions the greenest in town. On Butantã, the USP campus and the institute that carries the district name have a strong influence on the composition of residents. Vila Andrade, with its residencial high risers and several options of entertainment and shoppping has become the commercial center of the region. The third and most famous district, Morumbi, holds a collection of the largests mansions in town, and is also home to the State governor.
- Future metrô stations of Butantã, São Paulo-Morumbi and Vila Sônia of line 4 - Yellow.
- Stations Morumbi, Cidade Jardim, Hebraica-Rebouças and Cidade Universitária of line 9 - Esmerald of CPTM.
- Buses that passes on avenues Marginal Pinheiros (towards Interlagos), Francisco Morato, Vital Brasil, Morumbi and Giovanni Gronchi.
The region is doorway for those who arrive or leave the city upstate or towards the South of the country by two roads: Raposo Tavares, by Avenida Alvarenga, e Regis Bittencourt, by avenue Professor Francisco Morato.
Constructions and Museums
- University of São Paulo, the most important university of Brazil has a campus, called Cidade Universitária, on Butantã.
- Casa de Cultura Japonesa, on USP. Japanese culture museum.
- Museu de Arqueologia e Etnologia, Avenida Prof. Almeida Prado, 1466, tel. 11 3091-5042, on USP. Archeology and etnology.
- Herbário, Instituto de Biociências, na USP
- Museu da Eduçacão e do Brinquedo, Faculdade de Educação, na USP.
- MAC - Museu de Arte Contemporânea, Rua da Reitoria, 160, tel. 11 3091-3035. Museum of contemporary art.
- Science Museum, Rua da Reitoria, 109, USP
- Geoscience Museum, Rua do Lago, 562, USP
- Crime Museum, Academia de Polícia, Dr. Coriolano Nogueira Cobra, praça Prof. Reinaldo Porchat, 219, tel. 11 3813-2233, on USP, 
- Fundação Maria Luísa e Oscar Americano, Avenida Morumbi, 4077, tel. 11 3742-0077. A foundation where one can drink tea, see sculptures and keep in touch with nature. It was the site of Athina Onassis wedding.
- Jockey Clube of São Paulo, Avenida Lineu de Paula Machado, 1263, Morumbi. Its main building features a typical italian fascist archtecture. Holds bar and restaurant. 
- Cícero Pompeu de Toledo Stadium, praça Roberto Gomes Pedrosa, s/n. Home of São Paulo Futebol Clube.
Instituto Butantã, av. Vital Brasil, 1500, tel. 11 3726-7222, 
- Casa do Bandeirante, praça Monteiro Lobato, s/nº, Butantã, from 9am to 5pm.
- Palácio dos Bandeirantes, Avenida Morumbi, 4.500, tel. 11 2193-8282. Monitored visits to the palace and its garden.
- Capela do Morumbi, Avenida Morumbi, 5387, tel. 11 3106-2218, from tuesday to sunday, from 9am to 5pm. Historic chapel.
- Feira do Estádio, in front of the Morumbi Stadium, on tuesdays and wednesdays.
Parks and green areas
- Parque Burle Marx, Avenida Dona Helena Pereira de Moraes, 200, tel. 11 3521-7734, 7h às 19h
- Parque Alfredo Volpi, Rua Eng. Oscar Americano, 480, tel. 11 3031-7052
- Parque da Previdência, Rua Pedro Peccinini, 88, Jardim Ademar, tel. 11 3721-8951, das 7h às 18h
- Parque Luís Carlos Prestes, Rua João Della Manna, 665, Jd. Rolinópolis, tel. 11 3721-4965, das 7h às 18h
- Parque Raposo Tavares, Rua Telmo Coelho Filho, 200, Vila Albano, tel. 11 3735-1372, das 7h às 18h
- Praça Vinícius de Moraes, Avenida Giovanni Gronchi, s/n (by the Bandeirantes Palace)