This article is a travel topic
Running as part of a vacation has seen strong growth in recent years. Individuals wanting to complete marathons in different cities, states, or countries can do so with the numerous marathons offered all over the world. Companies such as Marathon Tours and Travel  operates tours that take traveling marathoners around the globe.
Marathons are not the only possibility for running on a vacation. Endurance races are also available, and running shorter distances are also available. Run the World  operates interesting culture/running tours to international destinations, and allows a traveler to run, but still soak in a large part of culture, which is often missed on a marathon trip.
The Hash House Harriers  are a running club that originated among expats in South East Asia but has since spread widely, with well over a thousand groups in many countries. They do a weekly hare-and-hounds run, followed by a gathering at a local eatery. There are frequent regional gatherings called "interhashes".
Here are some of the best places in the world for travelers to run; that is, routes that lend themselves to both sightseeing and a good jog.
- Vancouver — A gentle 8km loop around Stanley Park will take you around downtown Vancouver's coastal rain forest, totem poles and the best views of the Coastal Mountains rising out of the sea. For some extra distance, continue down the sea wall around False Creek and into Granville Island.
- Kowloon — quite possibly the most spectacular skyline in the world, particularly at night.
- Singapore — the pedestrian friendly pathways will take you past most of Singapore's most famous landmarks including the Merlion, Clarke Quay and the Singapore River.
- United States — the Boston, New York and Chicago marathons are three of the largest in the country. Not suprisingly, Honolulu is a top marathon destination of choice as well, due to Hawaii's travel appeal.
- Ottawa — enjoys a lovely greenbelt that traces over the city. Of particular interest is the river valley and Rideau Canal where a 10km loop will take you past such national landmarks as the Supreme Court, the Parliament Buildings, the landmark hotel Chateau Laurier, down the Rideau Canal, loop back across the canal on the heritage Pretoria Lift bridge, past the National Gallery of Canada and over the Ottawa River into Hull, Quebec, where you'll run along the river past the Museum of Civilization and finally cross back into Ottawa past the War Museum.