The North of Rome is comprised of Municipi 4, 15–20.
- Temple of Apollo, Isola Farnese (Take the Via Cassia north of Rome to Torrione Cerquetta and then turn right to Isola Farnese.). Veio or Veii was a major Etruscan city until its defeat at the hands of the Romans in 396 BC. These days there is little left to see but a few ruins, although the area has yielded up many excellent artifacts that are now mainly in the Etruscan museum at Villa Giulia in Rome. The surrounding area is a national park that contains Etruscan ruins that, for the most part, are not easily accessible. 
- Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico). The stadium is on the west bank of River Tiber, about three km directly north of the Vatican. It is part of a sports complex that was built for the 1960 Olympic Games, including the Olympic swimming pool and the tennis complex where the annual ATP/WTA Rome Open is held. The main Olympic Stadium was extensively rebuilt, with a roof added, for the 1990 World Cup (soccer) finals.
- Casetta di Campagna, Via Affogalasino, 40 ((Casetta Mattei-Trullo)), ☎ +39 06 6574 3230, . Closed on Monday. Sunday, Saturday and holidays also open at noon. In the natural park Valle dei Casali they have very good meat. They also offer a fixed price menu for pizza (only for more than 4 people) which is good for a large gathering dinner. You need a car to reach the place.
- La Pergola, Hotel Cavalieri Hilton, Via A. Cadlolo 101, ☎ 06-35092152. Tue-Sat 7:30pm-12am; closed Aug 8-Aug 23. Awarded three stars in the Guide Rouge. The chef, Heinz Beck, is German in origin and has set a style which combines Italian fresh produce with exceptional creativity and presentation. The restaurant overlooks Rome, so be sure to get a table by the window. The wine cellar is exceptional. Expect to have to book months in advance, but the trip is well worth it. mains €35-50; set menu €130-150.
- Taverna Pio Bove, Via Alessandro Cruto 9 (Bus 128, 775), ☎ +39 06 553 011 35. Open at 7PM everyday. Good steak house in the suburbs, but not too far from Basilica di San Paolo fuori le mura.
- Vivi Bistrot, Via Vitellia, 102 (VillaPamphili), ☎ +39 06 58 27 540, . In the Villa Pamphili park, this new bistrot offers healthy food suitable for children as well. Useful for arranging a picnic in the park.
- Yesh', Via Silvestro Gherardi 51, ☎ +39 06 858 00315, . Kosher steak house.
- Casa Frida (next to Vatican), Via Emo, 97, ☎ +39 339 2768290, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 10.00. Holiday House. From € 70.
- Tempio di Apollo Hotel, Piazza della Colonnetta, 8, ☎ tel. +39 6 30890595 ([email protected]), . Newly renovated, some rooms have air conditioning. 60-120€.