|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
| || |
| || |
Rivas is a city in the Southern Pacific Coast of Nicaragua.
Rivas is the second largest city in Nicaragua.
- Museo de Antropologia
- Isla de Ometepe
- Lugares Historicos
- Surfing: Rivas beaches enjoy almost daily offshore winds coming from Lake Nicaragua. As a result the beaches are ranging from hollow beach breaks to incredible point breaks, fit for all ability levels. Thanks to surf and eco-tourism in the area, large developments like Rancho Santana have land-grabbing expats and entrepreneurs excited. The many surf camps and smaller resorts attract a variety of travelers world-wide. This surge can be attributed to the many articles that have been published in recent years in surfing magazines and lifestyle magazines like GQ, and the fact that Costa Rica's once untamed coasts have been developed to the point of exhaustion.
- Visit Lake Nicaragua's lagoons, beaches and islands
- Enjoy the local nightlife at discoteques and bars
- Rivas Spanish School, Anthropological Museum (Rivas city), . Four hours a day in the morning, with four hours of activities in the afternoon from Monday to Friday, such as excursions and cultural activities. Homestay with three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) since it starts program at school. Family members help the student to practice their Spanish and that way get a better adaptation to the language. School programs begin on Saturdays and Sundays when the arrival of the students and be located by the school staff in their family home, to start your class on Monday. The school has bus service for students who wish this service. They offer: Frontera (Peñas Blancas) to Rivas, San Juan del Sur to Rivas, Airport (Managua) in Rivas, Granada to Rivas, Rivas to León. Email: [email protected]
- Hospedaje Lidia, Gasol Texaco 1/2c al Oe, Nicaragua, Rivas (Opposite Intur), ☎ +505 25633477. Family-run budget accommodation with clean rooms and comfy mattresses.
- Hotel Mission, (Opposite corner rectory), ☎ +505 25630384. Best hotel in town. Business-style rooms and cable TV.
Many travellers pass through Rivas on their way to Isla de Ometepe. The ferry to Ometepe actually leaves from a small town called San Jorge.
Buses leave on a regular basis to Managua, Granada, San Juan del Sur and Costa Rica.