Rishon LeZion, Rishon LeZiyyon or just Rishon (Hebrew:ראשון לציון) is a city in Israel on the Coastal Strip, just south of Tel Aviv. Rishon is Israel's fourth largest city with a population of 221,500. Its name translates as 'first for Zion' suggesting its importance as, along with Petah Tikva, the first Zionist settlement in Israel, founded in 1882.
Buses number 174, 201, 274 and 19 reach Rishon from Tel Aviv (30-45 minutes).
Rishon now sports its own train station, very uncomfortably located at the southern edge of town.
- History museum
- Carmel Winery
- The administrative center of Edmond James de Rothschild, now a soldiers' memorial.
- The Great Synogogue
- The Well
- The Water Tower
- Beit Sefer Haviv, the first Hebrew School.
Superland - a mide-sized entertaiment park with several rides and rollercoasters Yes Planet\ Cinema city - two of the biggest cinemas in Israel with Imax and 3D screennings (mostly in English) After the Pioneers -
It would take you about 10 minutes by car from the city center to reach Rishon's beach, which is quite nice, if crowded on weekends. Further south is "Palmachim" beach.
"Kenyon Hazaav" - "The Golden Mall"
- River - Asian kitchen
- SoHo - Sushi bar
- La Familia & Francheska - Italian food
- Loft,Agadir,Black - Meats restaurant
- Cafe Polla - Coffee place with great breakfasts
- Max Brenner - Chocolate Bar
- Sunflower-. Quality Chinese Cuisine edit
- Cinema City (סינמה סיטי), Moshe Dayan 32 (Near Kenyon Hazahav (the Golden Mall) and Mitcham G), ☎ 1-700-70-22-55. A shopping mall mall combined with a large movie theater. Includes many restaurants, such as Japanika (Japanese cuisine), Giraffe (Asian), Teresa (pasta bar), Cafe Cafe Beach, Moses (American cuisine), Temple Bar (Irish pub) and more. Also it has 26 movie theaters, screening mostly American movies with Hebrew subtitles. And most importantly, features life-size dinosaur statues in the entrance. Be warned, though: it's usually very crowded and parking is scarce, especially at nighttime. Open at Friday night and Saturday too. edit
- Sunflower. Quality Chinese Cuisine edit
There are no hotels in rishon, but you can stay at the nearest city